Ch.4: Who am I

"W-what are you doing here?!" Rin exclaimed shocked. She was still drowning in sadness because of Obito and Kakashi the pervert. "Well Tobi promised you that we'd see each other again right?" he giggled in slight confusion. "Aren't you happy to see Tobi?" he asked now with his sad goofy voice. "W-wait no - but" she regained composure. "To be very honest with you I am glad to see you again...even though we're supposed to be enemies but with you- " she blushed madly "it doesn't feel wrong".

What the hell am I saying?

"Oh Tobi is so happy now!" he shouted happily. "Let's be friends and eat lots of dangos together!" the raven haired man pulled Rin into a tight hug. The brunette wrapped her arms around his waist unsure what to do else and tried to breath properly.

What the hell am I doing?

Rin nuzzled her head in the tall man's chest and started crying. There was something about his presence that felt so familiar. Something she has been missing on for a while. It didn't matter how often she would tell herself that pain eases and ceases with time. That was a lie. Her whole life has been nothing but delusional tellíng herself she could cope with Obitos death. And yet sometimes she could feel the Uchihas faint presence. Maybe if she'd just imagine that he was still here...

What the hell am I thinking?

The Akatsuki member pulled away and squealed when he saw the woman's tears. "W-why are you crying? Am I not a good friend? Who hurt you? Tobi will hit them with the broomstick-no-jutsu!" he clenched his fists and made unnecessary and loud ninja screams as he tried to fight an imaginary opponent.

"N-no Rin thinks that Tobi is a very good friend indeed. I-I..I just.."  she covered her face with the palms of her tiny hands as tears started to build up again. The masked man stopped his attempt of fighting. "Another hug?" he suggested. Rin nodded and fell in the strangers arms.

Just...what the hell?

She just layed in the arms of one of the most hunted and dangerous men the Five Great Nations had to fear nowadays. Besides his goofy voice and weird behaviour there must be something about him that made him strong. He teleported faster than her former sensei Minato who died sixteen years ago while the Kyuubis attack. Yet she felt no fear at all.

"Whom did you lost?" Tobi whispered in curiosity. "Was he a good friend like you or Deidara-senpai?" he tilted his head and she tried to recognize something through the black hole where his eye was supposed to be. "Yeah, Obito was a very precious friend of mine however-" Rin stopped talking when she noticed that he twitched awkwardly away from her. "D-did I say something wrong, Tobi?" Rin pleaded with a sad look. The tall man said nothing and when the brunette tried to reach him already missing his comforting warmth she passed through him.

"Leave me" he groaned with a raspy, deep and threatening voice that was rather different from his "Tobi-voice". "W-wait what? No I won't leave you now what is happening with you-?" she exclaimed angrily.

In the masked man's head a thousand images rushed through his brain. Painful memories of a past he never seemed to experience.

I am Tobi.
I am Uchiha Madara.
I am the masked man.

No.

I am no one.
I don't want to be anyone.

Obito. This name triggered so many emotions in his cold and empty heart.  He shook his head aggressively.

"I am no one. I don't want to be anyone" he repeated now loudly.

"What are you talking about?" Rin begged.

"I am no one. I don't want to be anyone"

"W-what?"

"I am no one. I don't want to be anyone"

"B-but-"

"I am no one. I don't want to be anyone"

"You are-"

"I am no one. I don't want to be anyone"

"S-STOP IT ALREADY YOU IDIOT" the Nohara screamed in fear and did the first thing that came up her mind. Chakra build up in her fist and aimed at the Akatsuki's face. A piece of his mask crushed when she hit the man. He fell on his back and covered his right eye that was now visible. "Y-you-" he started complaining when the Nohara quickly sat on his chest and grabbed his wrists pushing them with all her force next to his head. His eye that was now revealed was closed. Rin felt the urge to remove his whole mask and see every inch of his face.

"Stop saying that you are no one you are-" she stopped and smiled sadly.

Yeah who was he. She did not know anything about him at all. They were complete strangers.

"Who am I" he said more to himself and slowly opened his eye. The sharingans piercing gaze left Rin in a total mess.

"I am no one. I don't want to be anyone" he replied with his deep raspy voice.
___________________________________
A/N:
Wow. This chapter is so crappy and short I hope you'll forgive me tho. I was so motivated to write as fast as I can that I kind of produced some weird stuff. Anyway I'll write something about the past too so you'll understand why Rin survived and yeah the Kyuubis attack and Obitos amnesia that stuff.

Btw do you like my new cover guys?

If you want this story to go on please leave a vote and comment(s). Any recommendations and critics are accepted too.
See ya ❤️