"i missed you"

(Alex returns to her apartment after a long day at work. She walks in, tosses her keys onto the counter, and pours herself a drink. Just as she sits down, exasperated, her phone rings.)

Alex: Danvers.

Maggie: Hey, it's me. You home?

A: Just got in. Why, what's up?

M: I've just... missed you. It feels like I haven't seen you in weeks. You have room for two?

(Alex blushes.)

A: Always. You still have the key I gave you? You can let yourself in. I'm ordering in tonight so if you're hungry, speak now...

M: Ooh, get me something good. You know me. Be there in 20.

A: Will do. See you soon.

(Alex hangs up the phone and softens. She pulls a takeout menu from the drawer and orders their food, mindlessly tidying until Maggie comes in; closing the door behind her she leans back against it, smirking.)

A: Hey, pretty lady.

(Alex takes her sweet time sauntering toward Maggie, who pulls her in for a soft, drawn out peck. Alex puts one hand against Maggie's hip and the other on the small of her back, pressing her gently against the door for a longer kiss. Alex pulls back and Maggie smiles, draping her arms over Alex's neck.)

M: Mm... Hi. I'll never get tired of that warm welcome.

A: Good, because you'll always get one. Come, sit, I poured you a drink.

(Alex takes Maggie's hand and leads her to the couch. She removes Maggie's leather jacket and hangs it over the armchair next to them. Alex sits and lightly pulls Maggie in to lean back against her, allowing Alex to play with her hair; Maggie rests her right hand on Alex's thigh.)

M: How was work? Any extra-terrestrial updates?

A: Oh you know, the usual. Kara rescued an interdimensional kitten from a tree, towed a couple spaceships blocking fire hydrants...

M: Ha, ha. Nice one Danvers.

A: How 'bout you, babe?

M: Babe? That's new. Well, nothing exciting really... Oh! We caught the guy leading those violent muggings I told you about, the one using a wrench as a weapon? That was GREAT.

A: Do you think maybe you're a little too excited about a string of armed muggings?

M: Oh, let a girl have some fun.

(The food arrived, and Alex got up to serve it. They stayed on the couch, eating fried rice and watching TV. Maggie then washed their dishes while Alex took a shower. Alex calls to Maggie once the water has been running for a few minutes.)

A: Hey, Maggie... do you think you could... help me with something?

M: Hm... Happy to oblige. What exactly did you have in mind?

(She steps into the bathroom to find Alex in only a bathrobe; she drops it and steps into the shower, signalling for Maggie to do the same. She does. Alex kisses her hard, and her hand falls from Maggie's jaw to pull her in closer. Maggie takes a breath.)

M: Somebody's feeling spicy today... what's the occasion?

A: Nothing special. I just got a little lonely in here. Figured we might as well consolidate, not waste water, save the planet. Y'know, just... doing my part.

(Maggie smirks and kisses her sweetly. They are somewhat cramped in this confined space, and must take turns warming up under the water. A few minutes pass; Alex washes her hair.)

A: ...I'll admit, I did not consider the logistics here.

M: Yeah, you k-kinda missed with this one, Alex.

(Maggie shivers. She takes her turn under the water. Alex leans back with one foot against the shower wall.)

A: Maybe I could try to warm you up... nope, that's soap in my eye. I'm out. I'm done!

(They dry off and get ready to sleep. Maggie playfully calls Alex an idiot. She gazes at Alex, watching her arrange some pillows and blankets.)

M: Hey, I love you.

A: Aw. Hey, softie... I love you too.

(Alex, with great care and adoration, whacks her with a pillow. Maggie raises an eyebrow and picks Alex up by the waist, tossing her - rather unceremoniously - onto the couch.)

M: That's for calling me soft.

A: I surrender! I surrender! I'm so sorry, Detective Softie! Won't happen again.

(Maggie scoffs at her and settles in on the couch. Alex plays with Maggie's hair again, leaving the TV on mostly as white noise. They peacefully drift to sleep.)