Romani

It was a typical summer were college students go to places to have fun

It was a typical summer were college students go to places to have fun. But Maine is different among them , although she likes to explore places she likes to do it alone . Maine is a backpacker , she travels all over Asia for months looking for nice places to photograph.

This year she had save enough money to go to her dream place to backpack the Hugarian capital of Budapest. She wanted to see all the museam there and it landmarks . With her things on her back Maine arrived in Budapest very excited . She started her journey in the central 8th district of Budapest where the gypsies live . Her plan was to take a tour of the place and then check in in one of the hostel for backpackers like her .

After having a goodnight sleep she started to have a tour of the district. She walked for hours until she end up in the back roads where she met an elderly gypsy that she helped on the road . The woman introduced herself to her as Esmeralda and offered her dinner for her kindness. Maine refused the first time but the elderly woman wont take no for an answer. Not wanting to offend Esmeralda , she agreed to go with her.

It took them about 30 minutes to reach their destination. Maine was very curious on how her hostess house would look like. She always wanted to see how the gypsies live as she read in history books. When they finally reached the small cottage she felt an eerie feeling right away. She can feel the hair on back of her head standing up , it felt like another person was also there with them.

" Do you live here alone ?"

" Not really , my son comes to visit sometimes ".

Maine assumed that maybe it was Esmeralda's son that she felt that is why she didn't asked anymore question. The elderly woman offer her to sit so she can rest before dinner. When the woman left the room she started to look around the house until she focused on a picture of a man. The picture looks so real the she started to blush looking at those eyes. It felt like she got hypnotized by it when she got up and walked closer to the picture . She was about to touch it when Esmeralda came out of the kitchen.

" Hope you don't mind but is he your son?"

" Oh! That's Richard my younger brother , he vanished after they took that picture 10 years ago"

" I see, did you ever find him".

" Unfortunately until now we don't know what happened to him".

" I'm sorry to hear that"

" That is fine , we learned to come to terms that there is a possibility that we wont see him again."

Maine wondered why Esmeralda didn't seem to be sad and affected the fact that her brother was still missing. May be its a gypsy thing answering her own question. She tried not to asked anymore question during dinner time. Although Esmeralda was very nice and accommodating it felt rude to asked any further questions about her life. They were finishing their dinner when on the back of her mind she can feel that someone was staring which made her quiver . When she look up , she noticed that Esmeralda was not bothered about it.