Our Present

Sherlock ran into 221B Baker Street with me hot on his heels. We raced upstairs, to find the door off its hinges. The chair was tipped over and papers were all over the floor. My breath hitched in my throat as I saw the message they'd left for us, next to the patronizing yellow smiley face were the flaming heart, and the words, I am Coming.

"Martha?" I called out worriedly, there was no reply. I shivered, fearing the worst. "John?" I heard a muffled groan coming from near the fire place. Sherlock lept over his chair and pushed it away. I ran over, there was John, tied up, with blood on his head. He was unconscious. Sherlock slapped him. I gasped, but John was awake.

"Martha?" He called out before he saw us. When he did, he shook his head "Shit."

"What happened?" Sherlock said untying the ropes. John stood up, swaying slightly, and looked at me

"I'm sorry Jane, I tried to stop them, But,"

"Who? What happened?" I said quietly

"These men, they came and took Martha." He sat down

Sherlock placed his hands together, in what I'd assumed was his thinking position, and sat down in his chair. I sat on the couch, thinking about how I could save Martha and what they wanted from me. That was when My phone buzzed, a text from an anonymous number.

If you want to see your friend alive again, come to the pool at midnight. Don't bring any company, else we'll kill her.

-JM

Sorry its short, the next one will be longer :)

Comment&Vote if you like! :D