Escape

I somehow managed to gain strength from the thought of getting out of here. I pulled the ventilation hatch open and it was just big enough for me to squeeze through. Pain washed through every inch of my body but I kept going. I couldn't spend another night here, not ever.

I kept moving until I saw a light. I prayed that it came out outside wherever we were. I hoped we weren't far from civilization. The light grew closer an I reached it a second later. Peering out, I could see grass so I figured it was all good. I couldn't hear anything either. So I used my hands and pushed the hatch open, tumbling out onto the grass, not too painlessly.

I stood up, with difficulty and looked at my surroundings. I was in the front of someone's drive. From the front, the house looked disused and rotting. I ran into the road. There were no other houses. It was on an empty road, fields stretching in every direction. I nearly cried out until I saw a car.

I ran into the middle of the road, waving my arms around. It screeched to a halt. The man in the front looked shocked.

"There she is!" I heard someone shout from the house. I ran round an jumped into the front seat.

"Quick Drive!" The man pushed forward on the gas and we sped off. Bullets rang through the quiet land. One of them lodged into the back windscreen. The man flipped a switch and sirens started blaring. It was then that I realized it was a police car.

"Who are you?" He said looking at me. I must have looked a right sight. Blood stained nightdress, bashed up face and bare feet.

"I'm Jane. That man kidnapped me."

"I'm Lestrade and I'm a Detective Inspector. What was his name? Did he say?"

"Jim." I said quietly "Jim Moriarty"

He seemed to react to the name on the same way Sherlock did.

"And er, why did he take you?"

"He wanted to find our Mother, because she killed our father."

"Our mother?" he nearly choked

"i'm his sister. Although I didn't know I even had a family until yesterday."

Lestrade didn't say anything. Instead, he pressed speed dial on his phone.

"Have you got a case?" Sherlock's voice spoke through the speakers. I nearly yelled out.

"Well, sort of. Its about Moriarty."

"Mmm."

"I have a girl here, she says she's been-"

"Jane?"

Lestrade frowned and looked at me.

"Hi." I said nervously, worried about what Martha had said. Would Sherlock believe me when I said she was lying?

"Jane, how did you get out?"

"I found a ventilation system under the bed."

Sherlock was silent.

"Sherlock?" Lestrade said

"Yes, ok. Bring her over as soon as you can."

He hung up. Lestrade turned to me.

"How do you know him?"

" I was nearly taken by Moriarty's men, I ran into his house. They let me stay there."

"Ok." Lestrade seemed like he was taking it badly. He looked bit confused.

A van pulled out infront of us and he slammed on the brakes. I was flung forward, my shoulder slamming against the seatbelt. I cried out. Lestrade looked at me, he saw in full detail the cuts and bruises. He looked worried.

"Don't worry, when we get to Baker street John can look at your injuries. He's a doctor." I nodded, but it was painful. Lestrade's phone buzzed. He looked at it and frowned, shoving it back into his pocket.

"Ok, we're at Baker street now." He pulled up outside 221b and I rushed to get out. My bare feet hit the floor and it was freezing. I stumbled a bit, but I was ok. Passers by were giving me looks, but I smiled at them.

Lestrade knocked on the door. Ms Hudson opened it,

"Oh Jane! Sherlock's upstairs." She seemed distracted and hurried off to her flat. Lestrade helped me up the stairs and we entered 221b. Sherlock and John were sitting in their chairs. As we walked in, John rushed to help me sit down. He then got me a blanket and a cup of tea. I liked John a lot.

"How did you escape?" Were the first words that Sherlock said to me.

"I told you. I found a ventalation hatch."

He frowned at me, clearly disbelieving.

"Look Sherlock please," I set my tea on the table and stood up, wobbling a bit. "I know about how Martha told you I was working with him, I'm not. He has security cameras in your flat." I pointed out the general direction of the cameras "I'm not working with him. He's trying to kill my Mother, because she killed our Father. I don't even know who she is."

"Our father?"

I swallowed "He's my brother."

Shock flickered across his face but it soon returned to its casual know it all look.

Just then, Martha walked in carrying a plate of biscuits. When she saw me she dropped them and screamed.

"Don't let her anywhere near me!" She screamed, crying. "Get away from me!" John put his arm around her. I stepped forward to say something when she lunged for me. She knocked me backwards, in my weak state I toppled right over, spots dancing in front of my eyes. I was finding it hard to breathe.

"Jane Moriarty you're under arrest for suspicion of working with a criminal mastermind and involvement in the kidnap of Martha Collins." Sherlock said emotionlessly

"Sherlock look at her, Do you think they're fake bruises and cuts?" Lestrade said, shocked.

"Lestrade I suggest you follow my judgment or you will not be having my help on your cases."

"Please, I'm telling the truth, Please" My voice was barely a whisper. Tears clouded my vision, the edges tinted with darkness that threatened to take me. My lungs felt like lead.

Lestrade snapped some handcuffs on me.

The last thing I saw was Martha's tear stained face grinning in my direction.

And then I let the darkness take me.

Comment and Vote if you like ;)