We finally meet Vladamir

Jane

Sherlock and I decided to go and see Lestrade because he wasn't answering his texts. We got a cab to Scotland yard, only to be met by Donovan.

"he's not here," She said, barley looking up from her papers "he's on a case in america, god knows why.  And no, we don't have any cases for you."

Sherlock had sulked on the way home. until I read out the text I had got from my brother.

Jane, be careful. They know they can't get you with Sherlock round so they're going to get you both. Its an ambush.

Sherlock realised what it meant before I had. The car stopped and the driver got out. Sherlock peered out of the window, only to see a dimly lit alleyway. I sat back in the chair and breathed.

"What do we do?" I half whispered /half cried to Sherlock.

"Stay still." I heard clicking of guns. Sherlock silently got his from his coat and texted John. Just seconds after the message had sent, a bullet smashed through the thick window and the phone dropped from his hand, smashed.

My eyes widened as the doors were yanked open and several guns pointed at us. I instinctively grabbed Sherlocks hand and he held mine just as tightly. Pairs of arms ripped my hand from his and pulled us out of the separate doors.

I went into a frenzy, arms and legs circling like a windmill, kicking and punching everything in my way, until I was knocked to the floor by a really muscular fat guy. He grinned at me, yellowed teeth showing, disgusting breath in my face.

"Don't try zat again Jane." I looked up to see a very pissed off Sherlock with a bleeding nose. He was being held by several men, one with a gun to his head.

"Do zat again, and you can clear up zis ones brains." A man with a mask stepped forward, half of his face was covered by black fabric, the other, was worse in a way. He could have been attractive, if it wasn't for the evil twisted grin and the piercing eyes that seemed to say "hello pretty girl".

"get away from her." Sherlock snarled as the man approached me. A piece of cloth was stuffed in Sherlocks mouth, and he stared daggers at the man.

The fat guy held me up, one hand tugging my hair back, the other clamped tightly round my waist.

"Do you know vho I am?" The mans Russian accent was a give away.

"You're Vladamir."

"Yes." He grinned "And you see, now zat I finally have you, I can make your brover pay."

"He doesn't care." I lied through gritted teeth. I could see Sherlock raise an eyebrow and roll his eyes at me. I was so bad at lying.

"Oh veally?" He stooped suddenly and picked something up from the floor. I recognised it instantly.

"So, all these text messages from him are not caring?" He stood so close to me I could smell his sickly sweet aftershave. I spat in his face, and it earned me a slap across the face.

"That all you've got?" Sherlock shot daggers at me, and I sent him a look that said, 'Its ok' but it wasn't, I didn't know where this sudden impulse to be a rebel came from. I would be back to my timid self in a minute, so In was making the most of it.

That last remark earned me a punch in the stomach.

"See Jane, we're going to get on just fine."

Handcuffs were snapped on my hands and feet, Sherlocks as well, and we were both shoved roughly into the van.

Sherlock spat the rag out of his mouth and wiped his bleeding nose on his knee.

"Jane, what were you thinking? Don't ever speak to him like that again!"

I felt ashamed at Sherlocks anger. For some reason, the thought that I'd disappointed him was worse than the fact we'd been kidnapped.

I buried my face in my knees.

my fault.

"Sherlock?" I whispered

"mmh."

My voice was now threatening to reveal my self hatred.

"I'm sorry."