Aftermath.

A.N/ Please note that at this moment I am suffering major writer's block-but I wanted to upload so bad so this is a writer's block chapter, hench the shortness and the suckiness. Thank you:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight

“What if I wanted to break, laugh it all off in your face? What would you do? What if I fell to the floor, couldn't take this anymore. What would you do?” The Kill: 30 Seconds to Mars.

Spencer Reid took a pained breath as a harsh fist collided with his chin; the taste of blood erupted into his mouth as his lip burst open. This guy is crazy, he thought to himself.

“Oh, Doctor, did that hurt? I thought being shot would have prepared you for any sort of pain.” Logan sniggered.

He was relishing this moment, as he did with every victim. The knowing of everything about his victims - it drove them crazy! That's what he wanted. He wanted to show the world that everyone and everything is vulnerable; that he wasn't the crazy one - they were.
“How do you know that?”

Oh, how I love that question, Logan thought to himself. How did he know? Well, he did his research on the BAU team when they arrived. They solved cases all around the country and some had particularly interesting lives, including young Spencer.

How did you become this?

That voice…it was always there, doubting him, questioning him like a nagging spouse. He tried so hard to push it down - he wanted to be this - but it always resurfaced.

Choosing to ignore it, he leaned in close to the hunched over figure, “Oh, Spencer, Spencer, Spencer. I know a lot about you.”
________________________________________________________________________

The team were frenzied.

Emily Prentiss sat curled up in a chair beside the dark wooden table where Hotch's cell phone still lay. The voice of Spencer still haunted her thoughts as he apologized for something she never blamed him for.

Jennifer Jereau stood looking at the geographic profile, while at the same time staring through it. What would she tell her son, her beautiful three year old son when he asked when his ‘Uncle 'pence’ was coming over? How could she get on that plane without seeing his face; how could she walk behind his coffin; how would she live without her best friend?

Rossi was re-reading the case file; he would nail this bastard if it killed him. Every intake of breath hammered against his heart. God knew what Reid was going through right now...

The sound of Garcia searching the comfort zone for people who matched the profile - while crying loudly - echoed down the cell phone attached to Aaron Hotchner's ear. He refused to touch his own; it had brought so much pain to one room, he couldn't bear to pick it up. Normally Morgan would be trying to calm Garcia down, but he was angrily punching a wall while occasionally shouting, “That son of a bitch!”

“Hotch?”

Aaron raised his eyebrows as he listened to Garcia, “There are seven males aged thirty to forty who match the profile in your comfort zone. I'm sending the files over now! Can you do me a favour Hotch?”

“Anything.”

“Find my baby boy.”

“I will.”

Hanging up, he picked up his tablets and began to read one of the files that Garcia had sent.

An hour later, after the team had controlled themselves enough to start reading the files, JJ spoke.

“Guys, I think I have something.”