A New Crewmember

Author's POV
"Oh, come on! You're a doctor, aren't you? You have no cure for a curse like this?" Elizabeth exclaims, frustrated.

"You're Majesty, that's just it. It's a spell. Come to me with a virus, or broken bone. That I can cure. But magic is beyond me." The doctor she went to says.

They've gone to several islands, been turned down thrice as much.

Now, they've landed on the island where Edmund, Lucy, Caspian, Elizabeth and Eustace were kidnapped as slaves so many years ago.

"Ugh. Are there any doctors here who can cure magic?" Elizabeth snaps.

"I'm sorry, she's just lost her brother. She's really desperate for a cure." Peter explains.

"I understand." He replies patiently.

"If you understood, you'd be more helpful." Elizabeth growls, storming out.

"Elizabeth, wait. Wait!" Peter exclaims.

"What, Peter!?" Elizabeth retorts.

"Maybe you need to stop this." He replies.

"No, I can't!" She answers.

"Can't or won't?"

"Both! Caspian's death was my fault, so I can't give it up. I have to make it right. I won't because...I can't do anything without thinking of him. I can't shoot, I can't bake or cook, ride horses. I can barely breathe without thinking of him. That's why I can't stop."

"Ellie-"

"If I were you, and Caspian was Lucy. Would you stay in your fancy shmancy palace and cry? Or endure long, hard voyages and do everything in your power to bring her back?" Elizabeth pries.

"That's just it. It's not in your power, and it wouldn't be in mine." Peter answers wisely. With a huff, she stomps back to the Dawn Treader.

"Elizabeth?" A young girl gasps.

"Gael!" Elizabeth smiles, a happy feeling coursing through her, one she hasn't felt in a long time.

"Daddy! It's Elizabeth!" Gael squeals happily to her father, not too far behind her.

"My Queen! What a pleasure!" Mr. Rhince exclaims.

"The pleasure is mine. Oh um, Peter this is Gael and Mr. Rhince. We met them the last time your brother and sister went to Narnia." Elizabeth explains with a smile.

"Nice to meet you." Mr. Rhince states, shaking hands with Peter.

"What brings you back, Elizabeth?" Gael pries.

"Um...Caspian he uh...he's dead. The White Witch came back from the dead, and the last thing she did was use her spear on him." The queen whimpers.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Gael sighs, sympathetic for her friend.

"Me too. I've been searching for a cure. I've gone to every island in all of Narnia, except the Lone Islands. Minus this one, of course. But I'm headed to the others next." Elizabeth explains.

"Would you like help?" Mr. Rhince offers.

"You want to help me?" Elizabeth gasps, surprised.

"Of course. You and Caspian helped me find my family, time for me to return the favor." Mr. Rhince smiles.

"Besides her family in her kingdom." Peter says inwardly.

"Elizabeth, can I speak with you for a moment?" Peter pipes up.

"What is it, now?" Elizabeth asks with a glare.

"This isn't a good idea. Who knows how long he'll be separated from his daughter and wife. You don't want to separate another family, do you?" Peter points out.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Elizabeth questions angrily.

"You know what it means. You've torn your own family apart, don't do that to another one. Leave this one be, and go home and fix your own."

"My family will be fixed when Caspian is alive. And I'm not forcing him to come, he chooses too. Because he actually feels bad for me. Mr. Rhince, you're officially a new crewmember." Elizabeth smiles.