Caspian and Aslan's Deal

Astrid's POV
I sigh and stare numbly out my window, wanting my family back. My fingernail traces along the wood in the windowsill.

"Astrid, dinner's ready." Aunt Susan calls.

"I'm not hungry right now." I reply, missing my mommy and Uncle Caspian.

"You should at least come downstairs, Astrid. You've been in your room for days, now." Susan argues.

"Not right now, Aunt Susan." Astrid retorts stubbornly.

"Astrid, you're beginning to sound like your mother did." Susan sighs, walking back downstairs.

"Mommy, come back. Please."

Author's POV
Caspian sighs, looking into a magic pond in Aslan's Country.

Unlike Reep, most of the residents in Aslan's Country are here because they passed away. This pond allows them to check on the loved ones they left behind.

"You're worried, my son." Aslan states, padding up behind him.

"Ellie needs to stop. It's affecting Astrid. Please, let me talk to her." Caspian begs.

"Tonight, when she sleeps, you and her loved ones who stay here may go to her in a dream." Aslan decides.

"Thank you so much, Aslan." Caspian sighs gratefully, walking away to find his mother and father.

Caspian's POV
"Wait, what?" Father asks, shocked when I tell him what Aslan said.

"Ellie's voyages are affecting her family back home. Aslan said I could go to her in a dream and tell her to stop. You can come with me." I repeat.

"Oh, Caspian." The former queen Titania says to her husband dreamily. "We'll see her again."

"A-And there's no catch?" Father pries.

"No. She needs to move on, for Narnia and for her family. Aslan understands that, and we're the only ones who have a chance at talking sense into her at this point."

"Ok. When do we go?"

"Soon. I'll get Reep and her friend Jaforn, then we'll go when she sleeps."

"We'll be ready." Mother answers as I head off to find Jaforn and Reep.

"Hey, Caspian! How are you?" Jaforn asks with a friendly grin.

"Good. Listen, I need to talk to you about Ellie." I say seriously, bringing the satyr's mood from giddy to grim in seconds.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll go. When your parents died, I didn't help her like I should've. This will make it up to her."

Lastly, the I track down Reepicheep.

"My Liege! Are you here for another duel?" Reep challenges, using his tail to hand me a sword.

"No. I need your help." I reply with a small grin, putting the sword down. I didn't even need to finish the explanation, Reep immediately agreed. Together, we joined the Jaforn, mother, father, and Aslan in his courtyard. With a mighty roar, a portal into Ellie's dream opened.

"Let's go." I state as we walk in.