A Comfort Source Unknown

Author's POV
"My Queen, you should go to bed. You're exhausted, we can handle the storm without you for now." One of the crewmen tells Elizabeth, rain pouring down on them.

"Ok." She replies, too tired to argue. She goes below deck, freezing, tired, and wet.

She takes a towel, and dries herself as best as possible. She goes to her drawer, takes out one of Caspian's shirts, and flops into her bed.

She pulls the duvet up to her chin, but she was still freezing. She thought about turning the fireplace on, but she was too tired to move. Suddenly, she saw the fire turn itself on.

"No. It didn't turn itself on. I'm going nuts." She mumbles, going to sleep.

Her dream takes her back to her childhood days, playing hide and seek tag with Caspian in the castle.

Her four year old self ran through the halls, then dove under her bed.

"He won't find me here." She giggled as his boots padded in.

"Hmmmmm.....where's my favorite little sister?" Caspian mused, looking into the closet. She quietly rotates to see his next move. He went down the hidden staircase!

She scrambles out from under the bed, and ran to "base."

"Ellie!" Caspian calls, thundering after her.

Her fingertip barely pressed against the wall when his hand found her back.

"Ha! I win, Cassy!" She laughs.

"Don't call me that." He smirks as she wakes.

Her throat hurt as she woke up. Not the sick kind of sore throat, the kind you get when you're about to cry.

She turns to her nightstand and finds a plate of berries, a small slab of steak, and a cup of cold milk. Beaming, she takes the plate outside and asks her crewmen who did it.

"Not I, Your Majesty." The 70th and final crewman answered.

"Weird..." She mused.

Caspian's POV
I'm smiling as I look into the magic pond at my sister, who's eating the breakfast I sent her.

Unlike Reep, most of the residents in Aslan's Country are here because they passed away. This pond allows them to check on the loved ones they left behind.

"Hello, son. Are you checking on your sister again?" Father asks.

"Yes. Do you think she likes the breakfast?" I pry.

"You sent her favorite food to her, I guarantee she loves it." Father chuckles.

"How is it that even when you're dead, you still manage to spoil that girl?" Mom asks teasingly.

"It's my fault she's miserable. I'm just trying to comfort her as best I can, whether she knows it or not."