Telling the Crew

Elizabeth's POV
I wash my face so it's not all flushed and red before I go tell the men.

"Attention! I need your attention! We...we need to turn around. We need to go home." She declares, speaking stronger than she thought she would.

Ignoring the stunned look on her crewmen's faces, she turns back into her room, sits on the bed, and just stares at the wall.

"I did it. I hope they all are proud of me." She says inwardly, referring to her family and friends who came to her.

She could swear she heard Caspian answer:

"We never stopped being proud."

That made a happy feeling coarse through her, something she hadn't felt in a long time.

"Hey. What changed your mind?" Peter asks.

"A dream. Caspian came to me. Brought Reep, Jaforn-" She explains

"Your satyr friend, right?" He pries.

"Yeah. My parents were there too. They all came to me, told me what I was doing was pointless." She says quietly.

"Like we did?" He chuckles.

"Yeah." She agrees with a laugh. "I'm sorry I didn't listen."

"You were hurting. It's understandable."

"I guess they got me to stop because they're with Aslan, right now. He knows for sure that there's no cure. You all didn't."

"Well, what matters now is that you've made the right choice." Peter says.

"I know. I do miss everyone back home." Elizabeth sighs wistfully.

"Me too. Alright, I'll go back on deck, work the sails." He decides.

"Thank you, Pete." She smiles, and he nods before going back upstairs.

She looked over on her nightstand, and the pomegranate she saw in her dream, the one Caspian offered her, appeared.

The words "we love you." were enrgaved in the side, parallel to the slice made to retrieve the seeds.

"I love you too." She sighs, picking some seeds out and eating them.