Carryin' The Banner

A/n: (ymn)=your male name
-------------------------------------
(Yn)'s POV
"That's my cigar!" Race sang as I woke up in the odda (other) room.
"You'll steal anodda." Snipeshooter sang back." I get up get dressed walk in and sing. "Hey bumas we got woik (work) to do." I smacked their heads. "Since when did you become me Modda?" Skittery sang. "Ah stop ya ballin'!" Crutchy said. A bunch of Newsies join me and say. "Who asked you?" "So how'd ya sleep Jack?" Mush asked me brodda. "On me back Mush." Me and Mush burst out laughing. "Ya hear what Jack said? Mush asked 'im how he slept and he said 'on me back Mush'." I said lightly punching his arm. I walk off and brush my teeth. "Try boddle ally or dah harba." Mush sang. "Try Central Park it's guaranteed." Race sang. "Try any banka, bum it barba." Jack sang. "They almost all knows how ta read." Boots sang. Kid Blink (Blink) runs out of the bathroom. "I smell money." Blink sang. "You smell foul." Crutchy said putting his hand on his own chest. Blink goes for 'im (him) but Mush stops Blink. "Met goil last night!" Mush sang pushing Blinks to spin.
"Move ya elbow!" Crutchy sang. "Pass the towel." Race sang. "For a buck I might!" I sang dangling the towel in his face with Race's eyes shut from shaving cream all ova 'is (his) face. Then we all sing. "Ain't it a fine life! Carryin' the banner through it all!" "A mighty fine life carryin' the banner tough and tall!" "Every morning we goes where we wishes, we's as free as fishes, sure beats washing dishes. What a fine life carryin' the banner home free all!" "It takes a smile as free as butta." Race sang. "The kind that ladies can't resist." Blink sang. "It takes an orphan with a studda." Race sang. "Who ain't afraid to use his--" Jack sings "Fist!" I yell. "Summa stinks and winta's Waitn' welcome to New York! Boy ain't nature fascinatin' when youse gotta walk!" "So it's a fine life carryin' the banner with me chums!" Half the Newsies echo that phrase, I echo with them. "I mighty fine life, blowin' every nickel as it falls." My group echoes. "I'm no snoozer sittin' makes me antsy, Ise likes livin' chancy what a fine life carryin' the banner through the slums!" Crutchy sang. Then nuns started singin' to us. "Blessed, children. Though you wonder lost and depraved. Jesus, loves you, you shall be saved." They started to offer us food as a lady came looking for her son as she sang. "Patrick darling since you left me I am undone mother  loves you, God save my son!" As a bunch of newsies individual sang "Just gimme half a cup. Somethin' ta wake me up. I gotta find an angle. I gotta sell more papes. Papers is all I got." Then we all walk away from the nuns. (A/n: the rest of the song is too confusing to write, so sorry!)
"Oh what is that unpleasant aroma." Race said waving his hand in front of 'is face. "I fear the sewers may have backed up over night." Race continued as we laughed. "Nah too rotten." One of the newsies said. "Well it just be... The Delancey broddas." I said, the Newsies laughed and the walked up. "Howdy fellas." Race said. "Lousy shrimp." Oscar said as he pushed me down. Luckily my hat stayed on. "You shouldn't do that. It's not healthy." Race said. "Hey, you shouldn't call anyone a 'lousy shrimp' unless you're refferin' to the family resemblance in ya brodda hea." Jack said. "5-1 that Jack will skunk 'em who's bettin'?" Race asked we all groan. "That's right. That's an insult, and so is this." Jack says as he grabs Morris' hat and runs he runs into boy with curly hair and a little boy with a hat. After Jack is done we go and get our papes. I'm dressed like a boy because goils aren't allowed to sell papes, which is stupid. "Mr. Weasel." I say then ring the bell. "I'm comin' I'm comin'." "Dija miss me Weasle? Dija? Dija miss me?" I asked smirking.  I took a pape and looked at the headlines. "Well these are no good. Guess I'm hafta make 'em bedda." I mumbled to myself. "Hurry up." Weasel said. "I'm browsing the merchandise." I said. I put down the pape and and fifty cents. "The usual." I said. "Huned (hundred) papes for the wise guy." Weasel said. After that I walked away, and started to sell papes. "Nude corpse!" I shouted and sold five papes. "Baby born with three heads!" I shouted and sold ten papes. I don't like lying, but Ise gotta make a livin' somehow. After thirty more minuets I sold all of my papes. "Hey! Jaguar!" Jack yelled. "Yeah Jacky?" I said. "Davey, Les, this is my lil' brodda, (ymn)." He said. "He doesn't do the spit shake so don't try." Jack whispered to me. I nodded my head. "Well imma head back to the loggin' house see you lada!" I said and walked toward the logging house. I came in and greeted Mr. Kloopman. He also knows I'm a goil but let's me stay cause I'm Jack's sista. I go to my room take my hat off and let my (hc) hair loose. I hear a knock at the door, I quickly put me hat back in and shove may hair into it. "Yeah?" I said. Race walked in. I breathed a sigh of relief. "Are ya that happy ta see me?" He said smirking. I lightly shove his face while smiling. "Watch ya mouth or I'll soak ya." I threatened still smiling. "How was sellin'?" He asked. "Good, what about your tip?" I asked. "They didn't tell da horse." He said and I laughed. "Alright, well let's get ready for bed see ya tomarra!" He said. "Nice Race!" I said. "Night Jaguar." He said and shut the door. After he does that I get dressed lay in bed and start singin'.

Blink's POV
I hop in my bed and hear angelic singing from Jaguar's room. "You guys hea dat?" I asked. They nod their heads we walk over and put our ears in the door, and listen.

"I remember the moment, I remember the pain. I was only a girl but I grew up that day." Wait. Jaguar's a goil? I thought. "Tears are Fallon' I know you say me! Hid in' there in my bedroom so alone, I was doing my best tryin' to be strong. No one to turn to, that's when I met you! All this time from the first tear cry, 'til today's sunrise and every single moment between. You were there, you were always there it was you and I you've been walking with me all this time." Wow. Jaguar has an amazing voice. "Ooooh, ooooh you've been walking with me all this time." Jaguar sang. We walked in she sat up and looked at us.

(Yn)'s POV
I was singing a song that got me through the year Jack left. I was singing "All This Time" by Britt Nicole. As I finish the first verse all of the 'Hatten Newsies walk in and I sit up. "Uh.... Hi.." I said. Crap. I thought. "Youse...youse a goil?" Blink asked as Jack walked in. "What happened?" He asked. "I heard an angelic voices and found it comin' from Jaguar's room, and we followed it." Blink explained. "So now they knows I'm a goil." I said. "We ain't gonna kick her out right?" Race asked. "Of course not!" All the Newsies replied. I sigh in relief. "Ok, so your real name ain't (ymn), what is it?" Blink asked. "(Yn), and my goil Newsie name is Jade." I replied. "Well, night Jade!" They yelled. "I'm glad deh (they) know." I said and fell asleep.