Try

(Yn)'s POV
"I'm gonna go for a walk." I yell to the boys. "By ya self? I don't think so Jade." Jack said. "I'll be fine I have my cane, sling shot and a few marbles I'll be fine." I replied smiling. "Fine." Jack replied. I walked out. I went to an ally way and quickly changed into a more feminine outfit. Yes, I wore a dress. I checked my surroundings before changing though. I kept a my cane and sling shot hand while I put my Newsie clothes into a bag. "I've haven't been to the Brooklyn Bridge since I met Spot. Maybe I should go." I said. After a few minuets I reach the bridge and I hear music start to play. I know this song. What was it called. Oh yeah, "Try." I said out loud.

"Put you're make up on, get you're nails done. Curl you're hair, run the extra mile. Keep it slim so they like you." I sang, little did I know I was slowly gaming an audience.

"Do they like you." I sang after I took a quick breath.

"Get you're sexy on, don't be shy girl. Take it off, this is what you want. To belong so they like you, do you like you. You don't have to try so hard, you don't have to bend until you break you just have to get up get up get up get up. You don't have to change a single thing. You don't have to try try try try. You don't have to try try try try. You don't have to try try try try. You don't have to try. You, don't have to try." I couldn't keep singing, I was in tears. I joined back with the music at the end. "Take you're makeup off, let you're hair down. Take a breath, look into the mirror at yourself. Don't you like you, cause I like you." I sang the end of the song and suddenly I hear applause everywhere.

Spot's POV
"SPOT!" Ace came in. "What?" I asked. "...Jaguar..... Here.... ...bridge......Come...." Ace said otta breath. "Ok...?" I asked and followed him and when we got there all of the Brooklyn Newsies were watchin' her and listnin' to her sing. Woah. Was all I could think. "Take you're makeup off , let you're hair down. Take a breath look into the mirror at you're self don't you like you, cause I like you." She sang the last part. All of me Newsies started clappin' she didn't know we was hea so she turned around shocked. I was clappin' to. I was impressed and I'm not impressed easily. "How long have you guys been hea?" She asked shakily. "Well I got hea just as you finished ya song, but Ise think deh been hea since ya stated (started) singin'." I said. She looked like she was 'bout ya cry. "Youse ok?" I asked and she ran foi the docs. "Spot should we--" I interrupted. "I got it." I said and ran afta ha (her). I got in front of her and graves her shoulders. "Hey, hey. You ok?" I asked.

(Yn)'s POV
"Hey, hey. You ok?" Spot asked. "I-I.... No one was supposed to see me- or hea me foi dat madda." I said as tears continued to fall down my face. "Why ya cryin' Jaguar?" Spot asked. "You know I'm a goil so call me Jade." I said. "But when wese with dose (those) who don't know Ise a goil, then call me Jaguar." I explained. "Ok. Why youse cryin' Jade?" Spot asked again. Why should I tell spot my story? I mean I don't really like him. He's not even gonna join da strike. Can I even trust him? "Well..." I trailed still ponderin' whether or not I should tell 'em. "Jacky left to look foi a job ta provide foi me, I was always inta singin'. One time I was singin' at a pahk (park) nea (near) me house, when some kids, bois, from a school nea me and Jacky's ally-home school came to me and said. "You have horrible voice!" "You should just die." "You're nothin' special." And odda things. Jacky doesn't know 'bout this. The thing was, I had always thought my voice was horrible but heain' (hearing) it out loud.... Hoit mo (more) dan I tought (thought) it would. So when I'm somwhea (somewhere) and it's not the 'Hatten Newsies and someone catches me singin' I panic because I can't sing very well, but I love it." I said honestly. "You. Have an amazin' voice. Anyone who don't think dat is stupid and desoives ta get soaked." Spot said. I looked at him in shock. Maybe Spot ain't so bad maybe he's even-- nope! Do not even go there! "Do-do ya mean dat Conlon?" I asked.

Spot's POV
Wow. Her story, well part of it anyway, I can't believe she'd think dat. "You. Have an amazin' voice. Anyone who don't think dat is stupid and desoives ta get soaked." I said. "Do-do ya mean dat Conlon?" She asked. "Ise don't lie ta people. Now if ya don't mind me askin' and ya don't mind tellin' me what's ya story?" I asked. "Well that's part of it. Jack said our parents have been looking nice for a place out west for a long time. I believe since I was 3, so de've (they've) been lookin' foi 10 yeas (years) now. Don't tell anyone 'specially not Jacky this, but our real last name is Sullivan not Kelly. Jacky's real name is Francis. My real name I neva changed cause I liked it. My real name isn't Jade, Jaguar or (ymn). Those are all cover names or nicknames. My real name is (yn). When I was 10 afta Jacky left me, Mrs. Snyder, Mr. Syder's wife found me and made me woik in the orphanage or as I call the goil's refuge. Afta 'bout a mont (month) in deh I busted out, but not befoi takin' this from Syder." She said pulling out her white and bronzed tipped cane. I had made this from a piece of wood I found in de ally way I lived in." She said and pulled out her slingshot. "Did dress... Medda have it ta me da last time I went ta see her. Afta anodda 3 yeas in da ally, Race found me and made me a 'Hatten Newsie, and I've been deh eva since." She said finishing the story. "Wow. You were willin' ta tell me all dat?" I asked. "Yea... I don't know why. I haven't even dah 'Hatten Newsies. Although Race probably did afta the Newsies caught me singin' and found out Ise a goil." She said laughin' slightly. "Well I should probably get goin' Jacky's probably losing all his marbles right now." She said laughing a little more. "Want me ta walk ya?" I asked. "Sure. I can manage on my own, but a little company neva hoit anyone." She smiled. We talked all the way there.

(Yn)'s POV
"There you are! Wese was gettin' woirried (worried.) and-- Spot?" Jack asked. "He walked me hea. Afta we talked foi a bit." I said. "Ya talked?" Jack asked glarin' slightly at Spot. Oh no... "Jade why don't you go talk ta the oddas deh probably wanna know youse ok." Jack said his glare neva leavin' Spot. I walk to the oddas and stat takin' ta dem.

Jack's POV
Where is she! I hear someone walk in. I go to the door and see (yn) "There you are! Wese was gettin' woirried (worried.) and-- Spot?" I asked. "He walked me hea. Afta we talked foi a bit." She said I started glaring at Spot. "Ya talked?" I asked. "Jade why don't you go talk ta the oddas deh probably wanna know youse ok." I said my glare never leaving Spot, when she was outta ear shot I started talking ta Spot. "Ya talked?" I asked. "Yea. We talked. You gotta problem wit dat Jacky Boy?" Spot said. I was leaning against the door way and I balled up my fists. "I swear if you two get close and you break her heart I. Will. Soak. You." I said. "Calm down Jacky Boy. I don't like her." Spot said. "Yet, Spot. Yet." I said.

Spot's POV
Yet? "Yet? Wadda ya mean? Ya think Ise gonna like her?" I asked. Seriously, I tought Ace was crazy but Jacky Boy to? "Listen Spot. You say you don't like her now, but trust me you wouldn't be da foist ta say dat. She dahn (doesn't) know dat 'cause I don't let her find out. Spot, she's you're type of goil. If I wanted her ta be wit anyone, it would be wit you cause I knows you can protect her." Jacky boy said. "Ace said something similar." I mumbled. "Well, Ace ain't wrong. But trust me Spot the more you start talking ta her the harder you're gonna fall. And da more it'll hoit if she says no. So for your sake, my sake and her sake. Please be careful." Jacky boy said and walked away. I walk back ta Brooklyn and stomp my foot in frustration. "You ok?" Ace asked. All my Newsies walked in. "No." I said. "Jacky Boy also thinks I'm fallin' foi his sista. Or at least think I'm gonna fall foi her. Why would anyone think I would fall foi her." I asked. "Because you will." One of my Newsies said. "Step forward." I said still frustrated. Bet step forward. We call him 'Bet' for a similar reason the call Higgans 'Racetrack'. We call Bet 'Bet' cause he's always betting on things. "Bet? Why?" I asked, now I was just gettin' mad. "Well... She's poifect foi ya. She's tough, beautiful, strong, her voice is amazing and to top it all off..." Bet trailed off. "What?" I asked. "She's the one poieson (person) who isn't that scared by you." Bet finished. "Everyone's scared of me she..." I trailed off. He was right she WASN'T scared of me. "I still don't like her like dat. As a friend yes, but want her ta be my goil, nah." I said. "Jade." Ace said. I was confused. "You do like her!" Fetch yelled. "What? No I don't!" I was mad. "Then why are ya blushin' boss?" Bet said. "I ain't blushin' I'm angry! Everyone to their room now! If the strike in 'Hatten continues tamarra Wese gonna be there just in case. NOW OFF TA NED A LOUSY BUMS!" I yelled. They all left. They knew I needed to cool down.

(Yn)'s POV
"NO I DON'T!" I yelled. We were sitting up in the bedroom area and they kept asking if I liked Spot. "How many times do I hafta say. I. Do. Not. Like. Spot!!! He's just a dumb boy from Brooklyn!" I yelled I didn't mean it but I was mad. "We know you don't mean dat sis." Jack said. "What? You to?" I said. I was about to lose all of my marbles. "Yes. Me to. Listen, you may not know it yet, but I can see it in your eyes. There is something more there when you're with Spot or when we mention him." Jack said. "Yeah there is something and sometimes it's ANNOYANCE!!" I yelled. Without looking in a mirror I could tell my (Ec) eyes were turning red from anger. "I need ta cool down." I said and walked up to the roof.

A/n: next chapter will probably be short. Sorry ahead of time!