Part One.

"Four more!" Rebecca screamed over the music to the bartender.
The man gives her a look before serving someone else, clearly aware of how much she's already consumed.
She leans against the bar but still cannot stand up by herself any longer.
I wrap my arms around her waist, helping her keep her balance.
"Don't you think you've had enough to drink? It's getting late and you can barely walk. We should just call an Über." I advise.
She giggles and drunkenly sways her hand in the air.
"Hi, I'm Bella & I'm sober. I don't drink so I just suck all the fun out of everything." She mimics.
Fed up with her antics, I release my hands from around her waist and she tumbles down on the wooden floor.
She lays there, laughing her ass off until a man comes and helps her up.
"Come on, darling." He says to her.
She grins and takes his hand, following him to the dance floor.
She leaves me alone in this club like I'm not her best friend and I feel disgusting.
This whole scene is not the environment I like being in, I'd rather be at home listening to music or reading a good book.
The temperature in the club rises as everyone continues to dance, leaving the air sticky & humid.
The bass from the music beats against my heart and I begin to feel nauseas.
Of course, being stupid.. I wore a sweater, jeans and ankle boot heels.
Strangers press up against me in one intoxicated mess.
I need fresh air.
I move my way through the groups of people before making it to the door and walking outside.
My first breathe of fresh air is not fresh at all. It's dry & smells awful.
I lean down, choking and attempting to find fresher air to breathe in.
Are you kidding me? Could this night get any more frustrating?
I continue to cough and stand up straight, glaring at the person whose cigarette smoke I just inhaled.
I'm greeted by a curly-haired, slender figure who leans up against the dark wall.
He wears a black hoodie and dark skinny jeans, making him almost invisible in the night.
One of his black combat boots is pressed against the wall as he leans back, casually.
I can't make out any of his facial features in the darkness, but I can almost feel his smirk.
His cigarette smoke is illuminated by the neon lights from the club's sign.
"What the hell!? I shouldn't have to breathe in pure smoke. Did you know that secondhand smoke could result in bronchitis or pneumonia? You could also give me an ear infection or freaking lung cancer. Watch where you're smoking." I spit, pulling out my phone and ordering an Über.
He chuckles, "Sorry, love. Would you like a drag?"
I scoff in response.
However, his thick accent takes me by surprise. It's refreshing and-- lovely.
Doesn't make up for his personality.
I walk further away from where he stands and hope for the Über to come fast.
People nowadays are so disgusting and feel like they can be complete douchebags and get away with it.
I glance over at him and watch as he smashes the top of his cigarette against the brick wall before walking up to me.
He places a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, listen.. I'm sorry. I'll watch out next time. Do you need a ride home or.."
"I'm not going anywhere with you." I reply, shaking his hand off my shoulder.
He's taller than me, around 5'10 compared to my 5'6 build. It's slightly intimidating but a fiery side of me is exposed at the moment.
"Ehm, alright." He mumbles before walking away.
I watch as he walks down the sidewalk before turning down a dark alley with his sweatshirt hood pulled up.
His boots were nice.
Too bad that was the only nice thing about him.
My Über pulls up in front of me and I get inside, not caring about the best friend who currently didn't care about me.
______
As soon as I stepped inside my apartment, I lazily tossed my keys on the kitchen table and took my shoes off before walking to my bedroom.
I flopped down on my bed and exhaled a breathe I didn't know I was holding in.
Why must life always screw me over?
I unlock my phone and scroll through social media, opening Rebecca's Snapchat story.
She is making out with the guy who helped her up in one video and then she's suddenly safe at home in the next photo.
It's relieving to know that she's safe at home.
I open another one of my friend's Snapchat story to see a photo of her & her friends outside of the club.
It was before I came outside-- I could see the outline of the smoking guy in the background.
I tried looking as close as possible but couldn't make out any of his features.
Wait, why do you care?
I lock my phone and slide it on my nightstand, frustrated with myself for looking so long at that photo of him.
He was a jerk, anyways.
My lungs were sore-- probably because of him and his stupid cancerous clouds of smoke.
I roll over and shut my eyes, allowing sleep to wash over me.

I sleep peacefully knowing I'll never see him again.

________
hi. this will be one of the only author's notes in this story (because i feel like they can be annoying or distracting..) but i just wanted to say i'll try to update as much as possible.
there will be loads of warnings for this-- such as drug & alcohol use, swearing, sexual themes & the act itself.. just vulgar in general.
read at your own will, but you have been warned.
i just wanted to say thank you for clicking on this story and taking the time to read it.
i hope it isn't too shitty.

xo
- adrianna