ten

'smile!' i say taking a pic of sergio from behind.

'no! delete it!' he says laughing.

'what? i'm going to get this framed and placed in my living room.' i say laughing.

'you do know if anyone sees me, my football career is over?' he says seriously and my face drops.

'i hadn't thought of that.' i say my eyes widening, 'let's go home. i don't want to cause any problems.'

'it doesn't matter, i would risk it for you.' he says kissing my cheek.

'so this is the the vip box?' he asks looking down at the nou camp.

'yep, this one specially geri has it reserved for me, shakira and his family. but today no one is here so i knew this was the place to bring you to.'

'does he ever come up here after a game?'

'he does sometimes but it's very rarely. only when sasha and milan are here.' i say.

if you told me a year ago i would be sat in a vip box with a real madrid player i would have actually burst out laughing. i would have never expected this.

'so when we become official how do we tell your brother?' asks sergio.

'best thing to do is lay low for a while. i've been pretty distant with him lately if i just popped into his life like that again he would know something's up. baby steps, that's all.' i say as my phone vibrates on the table.

geri : hey, i heard you're in the vip box! i'll come up after the match

'oh no.' i say.

'oh no what?'

'geri is coming up to the vip box after the match.'

'come up with an excuse!' says sergio.

'like what?'

'i don't know, lie!' he says.

me : sorry, i wish i could see you but i really need to get straight home after lunch. maybe another time?

'perfect.' says sergio reading my text.

'should i invite him to lunch next week?' i ask.

'what happened to baby steps?' says sergio.

'you're right, when do you have to get back to madrid?' i ask.

'i should be back by tomorrow but i can come up with some excuse and zidane will understand. don't worry.' he says with a smile.

'do you think you can come back in like two or three weeks?'

'i don't see why not.' he says as the crowd suddenly cheers.

'messi!' i say jumping up and down in delight.

'messi did that! the best player in the world!' i shout happily making sergio rolling his eyes.

'sorry babe, you'll get the same attention if you were lionel messi.'

'oh so wait now i have to compete with lionel messi?'

'you always have and always will.' i say nodding.

'you have a crush on messi don't you.' says sergio laughing.

'i do not!' i say defending myself.

'how long have you had a crush on him?'

'i don't have a crush on him!'

'you shouldn't lie camila.'

'fine since i was sixteen.' i say sighing.

'looks like i have some competition!'

'not really has leo's getting married in june and has two kids. as i can't have leo, i guess you'll do.' i say looking at sergio up and down.

'you're a close second.'