twelve

'sergio, mila?' asks shak knocking on the bathroom door.

'gerard has calmed down now. he would like to apologise and talk to you both.' she says.

'alright, we'll be down in just a moment.' i say as i put a plaster on sergio's nose.

'there.' i say with a smile, 'how do you manage to still look good with a white plaster on your nose?' i ask him laughing.

'it's just how i am, i make everything look good.' he says with a wink.

'yeah good one ramhorse.' i scoff.

'did you seriously just say that.' he says rolling his eyes, 'good thing i love you or i would have left.'

❁ ❁

'i need to apologise.' says gerard as we stand in front of him.

'the way i reacted was childish. i have no idea what came over me, it was just shock. i've never been the best person when it comes to camila and boyfriends. i always become over protective. i just can't accept the fact my little sister growing up and being in love.'

'ever since our padre died, i've always been the one to look over her. making sure she's safe. but she's twenty five now, i need to let her go.' says gerard teary eyes.

'aw geri.' i say going towards him and giving him a hug.

'but honestly i never expected that man to be you sergio.' he says as i stand back next to sergio, his arm wrapping around my waist.

'your sister is one of a kind. i will do nothing but protect her, love her and cherish her. she's one of the most caring, loving and funniest people i have ever met. i should be thanking my lucky stars for meeting your sister because i'm the luckiest man on the planet.' he says looking down at me.

'she's incredibly beautiful, i mean just look at her. she's a natural beauty.' says sergio.

'well what can i say, the good looks run in the family.' i say jokily.

'how did you meet?' asks shakira. sergio and i look at each other and awkwardly look around the room.

'sergio, camila how did you meet?' says gerard crossing his arms.

'the truth is-' i start.

'i asked marcelo to ask neymar for her number. because i've always had a small crush on her.' says sergio making me shake my head.

'no that's not the truth. i have to the truthful. i was drunk, maria took me home and while i was getting changed i took a nude picture of myself and sent it to sergio. turns out maria got our phones confused and that sergio was sergio ramos and not the sergio i was seeing at the time.' i say. shakira and gerard look at each other before bursting out laughing.

'now that is a story!' says gerard laughing.

'that is definitely a story that the kids will want to hear.' says shakira laughing.

'it's not that funny.' i say rolling my eyes. i let them calm down before gerard speaks up again.

'okay sergio, you have my blessing. but if you break her heart once, i will break that pretty face of yours. got it?'

'got it.' says sergio nodding nervously.

'good. because mila deserves nothing but happiness. but from what i see, that's exactly what you're giving her.' he says with a smile.