fourteen

sergio ramos's pov

it's finally the big day.

the day camila and i finally get married.

if you told me ten years ago i was friends with gerard piqué's sister, i would have scoffed. if you told me ten years ago i was marrying her i would have burst out laughing.

life is weird like that. how a certain minute in your life could change your life forever. if you went left instead or right, if you said yes instead of no. if you hadn't spoken to that one person. you wouldn't have known better, your life would just be completely different.

'sergio, are you ready?' asks fernando knocking on the door.

i look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath.

'i'm ready.' i say and he comes in and stands beside me.

'i know exactly how you're feeling. excited but also nervous but at the same ecstatic. but once you see that beautiful woman walking down the aisle, the worries go away.' says fernando.

'thanks for that. i needed that.' i say with a smile.

'no problem, i've been there already. it's nerve wrecking. but you'll be great sergio, i know you will.' he says before giving me a hug.

'now go out there and get married!'

❁    ❁

i stand there at the end of the aisle. fernando, my best man, stood by my side. shakira and the kids on the right front aisle seats and leo and antonella on the left.

the music starts, i take a deep breath as fernando pats me on the shoulder making me turn around.

i look at camila who is walking down the aisle wearing a stunning white dress. gerard is walking her down the aisle, in honour of their father. my eyes start to tear up as i look at this beautiful i'm about to marry. and then seeing my daughter carry the rings alongside her brother.

'how did i get so lucky?' i say to myself.

'here.' says nando quietly handing me a hankerchief for me to wipe my eyes.

'sergio, don't cry.' says camila smiling as she stands opposite me.

'you look so beautiful, i am lost for words. i never expected it in a million years for you to say yes to marry me.' i say quietly.

'i said yes because i love you sergio and i want to you to be mine till the end of our time.'

we both say our vows, we both wrote ourselves. camila burst out crying happy tears when she heard mine as they were the ones her father said to her mother, gerard helped me write them.

'camila sofia piqué bernabéu do you take sergio ramos garcía to be your lawfully wedded husband?'

'i do.' she says with a smile.

'do you sergio ramos garcía take camila sofia piqué bernabéu to be you lawfully wedded husband?'

'i do.' i say with a grin.

'you may now-' he starts to say but i already kiss camila.

'kiss the bride.' he says with a chuckle.

as i've said before this fanfic is a short fanfiction. so it's going to skip ten or twenty years per part. i haven't been attached to this fanfiction, i just write it as i go along.