Chapter 10 || In Which Friendships Are Formed

Everyone stared at the phone. "Well, I suppose you children will be staying the night," Mr. Weasley said grimly.

"Remus, Tonks, would you like to stay a bit longer?" Mrs. Weasley asked in a kind voice.

"I really am sorry, but we've both got to go," Tonks said regretfully.

"Alright, bye," Tonks said regretfully as they left.

"Wait! You must be obliviated first!" cried Dumbledore. "Come, perhaps Molly can obliviate all of us outside."

The five of them went outside, and then Mrs. Weasley came back in.

  Only as Mrs. Weasley was shutting the door did she realize that it was going to be very awkward as Percy was still here. Everyone else could feel the awkwardness too and noticeably stiffened. Percy got up to leave, but his father stopped him. "Won't you be staying?"

"Um, well, I," he stuttered, turning as red as only a Weasley could, "I suppose so." Everyone relaxed as Percy sat down again.

"Good. Alright, Ginny and Hermione can sleep in Ginny's room with Lily, Lucy, Roxanne, Alice, and Rose, and Fleur can sleep with Dominique, Molly, Victoire, and Addy in, Fleur, is it okay if you're still in the attic?" Mrs. Weasley asked anxiously.

"Not at all," Fleur declared.

"Good. And let's see, Hugo, Scorpius, and Albus can sleep with Harry and Ron, Fred, James, Louis, and the Lysanders can sleep with the twins, and Teddy can sleep with Bill, Charlie, and Percy." Mrs. Weasley finished. "Now, off to bed with all of you. It's been quite the day."

Everyone headed upstairs to bed. Ginny, Hermione, Rose, Lucy, Alice, Roxanne, and Lily went into their room first. The room was a total mess. Ginny wrinkled her nose. "Brothers," she complained.

Hermione quickly tidied up the room with a flick of her wand and added some more beds. They all settled into bed. It was quiet for a bit until Ginny asked uncertainly, "Do I really marry Harry in the future?"

"Yes," Lily said. "He already likes you, ever since that day when he and Uncle Ron caught you kissing Mr. Dean."

"He already likes me?"

"Mhm. But Mr. Dean is still good friends with you and daddy."

"Huh," Ginny mused, rolling over to go back to sleep.

Bill, Charlie, Percy, and Teddy went to their room on the third floor. Percy stiffened. He still felt out of place, even though he was in his room. He looked around in awe. "It hasn't changed a bit!" he exclaimed.

"Mum wouldn't let anyone come in here." Bill said tersely, getting out some blankets.

Teddy, sensing how awkward it was, felt that they needed some time alone. "I'm going to, um, take a shower. Is the bathroom still on this floor?" Teddy asked looking for an excuse. His hand was already on the doorknob.

"Um, yeah," Charlie answered.

"Thanks," Teddy said as he bolted out the door.

The three eldest Weasley brothers stared at each other. "I'm sorry," Percy said nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"Why didn't you say that before?" Bill asked gruffly.

"Because, well," Percy stammered.

"Dude, the kids might be unhappy, but, we're your big brothers. We'd help," Charlie said, placing his hand on Percy's shoulder.

"Thanks, but, it's alright." Percy said, brushing past Charlie. The three of them all got into bed.

"What happened to Penelope Clearwater?" Bill asked curiously.

"We're still friends."

"Ah."

   On the fourth floor, they were doing anything but sleeping. "So, what's your best prank so far?" Fred asked, plopping onto the bed.

"Gee, that's hard to decide," said Fred II cheekily. "James and I are legends as we've told you."

"Excellent!" cried George. "What about you two?"

"We do the usual twin pranks." Lorcan shrugged. "You know, switching places, that sort of thing."

Fred was about to ask something when they heard a knock on the door. "You guys get some sleep." Mrs. Weasley ordered. They all jumped into bed.

On the floor above-the highest floor, they were just going to their room. "I still can't believe you marry my little sister." Ron grumbled as he opened the door.

Harry merely shrugged. They got into bed pretty quickly and drifted asleep. Harry, however, stayed awake. He had always suspected that he liked Ginny, ever since that day when he and Ron caught her and Dean together after practice, ever since that monster had been awoken. He'd just been afraid to admit it. Now he knew that he actually did like her. One by one, everyone drifted to sleep filled with the thoughts of everything that had happened today.