Chapter 11 || In Which There Are Several Awkward Encounters

Ginny woke up early that morning. She always did; it had been a habit of hers since she was a little girl. She went down to do her laundry, since she hadn't yet repacked for the second semester. She went down to the laundry room and started doing the laundry. Little did she know that she was not the only one awake.

Harry woke up unusually early. When he looked outside, it was just light enough to give up on going back to sleep. With a sigh, he got up and started going downstairs. On the second floor, he stopped. He thought he heard someone in the laundry room. Just as he was turning into the room, he collided with someone. "Oh, sorry!" he cried as clothes tumbled to the ground.

"It's okay," said Ginny.

Harry blushed as soon as he saw her. They hadn't spoken to each other since the kids had come. He knelt to the ground to help gather the clothes.

"Harry, do you like me?" Ginny asked slyly as they slowly stood up.

"I, what? No, I um..."

Ginny smirked. "Lily, however, says that you've liked me since that time Ron and I fought and tried to hex each other."

Harry looked at her knowing, smirking face. For some reason, he just wanted to kiss her.

Acting on the impulse, he leaned in and kissed her. Pulling away, he said, staring into her eyes, "Yes, I do like you. I love you, Ginny."

Smiling, she kissed him back. They finally pulled away, and Harry realized just what they had done.

He had kissed Ginny Weasley. In her house, where any of her family members could walk in. When she was already dating his friend. "I'm sorry," he said.

"It's okay. I kissed you, didn't I?"

Harry stayed silent.

"I sure hope we are obliviated, because that kiss could change the whole timeline. They're going back soon. We might as well make the best of it, I suppose."

And then they were kissing again, next to the stairwell.

Suddenly they heard someone clearing his throat. They jumped apart to see Percy standing there, looking a bit uncomfortable. "Sorry." Harry muttered, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Ginny, however, had more important things to say. "Where are you going?" she demanded.

"I, um, I don't want to overstay my welcome." he said, fidgeting with his tie.

"Percy, please," Ginny pleaded. "Please stay. All you have to do is apologize. We all want you back."

"Some of you have got a funny way of showing it." Percy said.

"Just at least stay to say goodbye to Mum. She'll be down soon, and there'll be plenty of time before everyone else wakes up."

"I'd rather not. Mum would make a big scene." Percy said. He turned to leave, but Ginny grabbed his arm and made him stop.

"Please, Percy!" she pleaded, making her eyes big and sad.

"I really have to go to work!"

But before Percy could say or do anything more, they heard Mrs. Weasley. "What's wrong?" she asked concerned.

"Nothing, mother." Percy said in an exasperated voice. "I was merely about to leave."

"Oh, must you go already, Percy?" asked Mrs. Weasley tentatively.

"Yes, mother, I must get to work." Percy said, now annoyed. "I suppose you will be obliviated, and will go living like it never happened." Mrs. Weasley said sadly. "Well, come on. I'll obliviate you outside, and then you can," at this, Mrs. Weasley choked up," leave."

"Bye, Percy," Ginny said sadly as she looked up at him. To everyone's surprise, Percy hugged Ginny tightly, before following Mrs. Weasley outside.

They left Ginny and Harry in silence, staring at each other. "I, um, should go put this up," Ginny said, gesturing to the basket of clothes.

"Yeah," Harry replied weakly as he stepped aside for her. Shaking his head at everything that had just happened, he headed downstairs to the kitchen.