"Radio Silence"

*Requested* Can I request a Damon Salvatore one shot where the reader and Damon were best friends before he moved back to Mystic Falls and then he kinda forgets her and they meet again and she is just really sarcastic about the whole thing so Damon kisses her to shut her up or something like that?

Characters: Damon x Reader

Warnings: Swearing

It's very early in the morning, as the chatter echoes through the bar, slowly dies down, signaling that it is almost closing time. You bought this bar 8 months ago after you and a certain blue-eyed friend of yours pretty much trashed the place. You always desired to have your own bar and this seemed to be the right fit.

A bartender of yours knocks on the door of your small office, sticking his head through the crack of the door.

Bartender: "Hey, there's a guy asking for you out front."

Y/N: "What? Who?"

Bartender: "No idea. He didn't say his name. But he's smoking hot."

You follow him outside wondering who that smoking hot guy is, but you stop dead in your tracks as you come face to face with your best friend Damon, or better former best friend.

Y/N: "Well well, look who it is."

Damon: "You finally renovated, huh? I hope you serve something else than beer now."

You quickly mix a few ingredients together and you serve him a pink colored shot with sparkling glitter on top.

Y/N: "Here, how about a "pink lady" or how I like to call it "Ever heard of a phone, asshole?" with glitter on top. I am sure you relate to that."

His eyes switch down to the shot and he picks it up turning it in his hand, slightly disgusted before he shrugs and downs it anyway.

Y/N: "Oh, and I'm Y/N by the way in case you've forgotten that as well."

Damon: "Come on. You're not mad about me moving back to Mystic Falls, are you?"

Y/N: "I'm not mad."

You grab a knife and forcefully slice a few lemon in half, your knuckles already turning white due your firm hold

Damon: "I can see that."

Y/N: "I'm not mad you moved back to that godforsaken town, forgetting all about your supposed best friend. Not at all, I mean why would I? Who would be mad about that?"

Damon: "I'm..... sorry, okay?"

You raise your hand carrying the knife and you point it at Damon's face.

Y/N: "Your "apology" doesn't mean much. We're not friends anymore."

Damon: "Y/N come on. It's been what? 2 months? You can't be mad about me not calling for 2 months."

Y/N: "Six months, Damon, six."

Guilt flashes over his face briefly, before his bad and scary vampire facade absorbs it like a sponge. But you know him long enough to know that this mask is only a defense mechanism.

Y/N: "Look, you stopped calling and that's okay, but you can't just walk in here all smug-eyed expecting me to go right back to getting blackout drunk and dance on tables with you. I'm sorry. but that won't happen anytime soon."

Damon: "Y/N tell me what you want me to do to make this right. Please."

Y/N: "There is nothing you can do. Maybe it's best you go back to Mystic Falls and we'll go our sperate ways from now on."

Something is tugging inside of you to stay, it's almost screaming at you but you know that this- cutting him out of your life- is the smartest move. At least that is what you are trying to tell yourself.

You rush past him, your hand pushing him away from you but he gets a hold of your wrist and stops you from running off.

Damon: "Y/N wait."

Y/N: "No, Damon, I waited long enough. I'm sick of waiting for you to show me you actually give a shit about our friendship, about me and everything we've been through. I waited and waited but nothing. No calls, no text just radio silence."

Damon: "But I do care about you, Y/N, you know that!"

Y/N: "Do I? I'm sorry but right now I don't. You know what? No, I am not sorry. You threw our friendship away like the last years meant nothing at all, like as if it never meant anyth-"

His lips pressing on yours silence you in an instant. It's not the first time you and Damon kissed, but this kiss was something different. It was not just a drunken peck now there are real feelings involved. Feelings you both either never knew you had or tried to deny.

Damon: "I'm not sorry either...okay maybe a little"

Y/N: "You're an asshole."

He kisses you again, this time briefer but just as sweet.

Damon: "I know."

Y/N: "And you're not forgiven yet."

Damon: "I know. But I can be really really convincing, remember?"

He smiles at you, his signature smirk on his face. He can be really convincing as he said, but you can also be really really stubborn...