"Highschool Hellhole"

*Requested* Imagine Alaric forces Damon to take over his history class for the day, while he and the gang discuss plans on how to deal with the newest threat that waltzed into town, and Damon takes things a little too far.

Characters: Damon, Reader, Alaric, MF gang (mentioned)

It's a dull Monday in Mystic Falls and the Mystic High students slur through the vinyl tiled halls wishing to be anywhere but here at this unholy hour. The bell rings and everyone makes their way to the first class of the day, including an out of place, leather jacket wearing Damon. Alaric asked him to join him this morning without giving him a reason why, but still, Damon did what his buddy asked him, and made his way to the school.

He rounds the corner, happily whistling while he goes along. Finally, after another corner, he enters the classroom, the whistling dying down as Bonnie, Tyler, and Elena pass him. Caroline stops next to your desk and asks you if you are coming with them, but you decline, not wanting to miss this shitshow that is about to go down.

Alaric then follows Caroline and comes to a stop in front of Damon.

Alaric: "Uhm, you don't mind taking over for a while, right? No? Great. See you later."

He gives him a pad on the shoulder and leaves. Damon is startled for a second but then takes a few steps and yells down the hallway.

Damon: "Hey! Ric! Come back! You can't leave me alone in here!"

But to no avail, Alaric already rounded the corner, off to his secret discussions with the gang about whatever evil hit the town this time.

Damon fixes his leather jacket collar and hesitantly turns around and flashes g a fake smile to the class.

Damon: "Uh...hi."

He looks around the room trying to figure out the best way to survive this hell he is trapped in right now.

He turns around to look at the empty chalkboard in hope to read something on there, and as he does so he feels the eyes of girls on him

Damon: "Anyone want to run me through what you're supposed to learn today?"

Student: "We're covering the battle of Willow creek before Founder's Day next week."

Damon closes his eyes and throws his head back muttering something which is probably another "you've got to be kidding me"

At that point, you decide to remind him of Alaric's secret bourbon stash in his desk to calm him down a little. Talking about the night he got shot by his own father and transitioned into a vampire the day after certainly is not the most amusing task.

Y/N: "Second cabinet on the right, buddy."

His eyes shift to you and then switch over to the cabinet you just mentioned.

Damon: "Oh thank god. You're my life savior, Y/N."

Male Student: "Dude, it's 9 am."

Damon: "So what? It's 2am somewhere."

Female Student: "But.. this is a school, you can't drink in here."

Damon: "Pff. You actually think your teachers endure this hellhole sober? They don't. Now read whatever page you're on, missy."

"Missy": "That's not my name."

Damon: "Don't care. Read."

She starts reading while Damon casually swings his legs up and rests them on the desk in front of him. He then proceeds to sip on the bottle and almost start

"Missy": [...] The battle lasted into the night. In the morning, the remaining troops retreated into the fortification at Mystic Falls. There were 346 casualties in this battle and no civilian victims."

Damon: "What?"

He leans forward, his feet hitting the ground and he skims the page.

Damon: "That's not.."

He smashed the bottle on the table and in doing so, a lighter Alaric kept in the small storage under the desk hits the floor. Damon looks at it and then back to the bourbon bottle and a completely crazy, impulsive idea comes to his mind. He pours a little bourbon on the book, lights it and throws it out of the open window.

Damon: "No. that's not even close to what happened. Listen up nerds, I'm about to teach you what really happened."

Here we go...

[Time skip]

Damon went on a rant and explained what actually happened at the Battle of Willow Creek, and other town-related happenings, in awfully detailed yet entertaining manner. He luckily remembered not to talk about the various supernatural creatures in the student's hometown.

After what felt like hours, but what actually have been something around 45 minutes, Alaric and the gang finally returns.

Damon: "Oh thank god. Class dismissed, or whatever."

Most of the students leave immediately, as soon as the last syllables pass Damon's lips, while others stay seated looking at Alaric for approval. Alaric nods, but stops in his tracks and inhales the slightest tinge of smoke.

Alaric: "Why does it smell like smoke in here? "

Y/N: "He set the book on fire and threw it out of the window. Awesome move, by the way, Damon."

He winks at you, thanking you for acknowledging his impulsive action.

Alaric: "You what? Why? And is that bourbon on the table?!"

Damon: "Yep that was bourbon. And have you ever read that book? False facts everywhere."

Alaric: "Have I read the b-... of course, I have. I'm the history teacher!"

Damon raises his finger and points it at Alaric's face.

Damon: "Exactly. You're the history teacher, so why the hell don't you manage your class on your own from now on."

He gives him a pad on the shoulder as well, a little harder than Alaric did before, and leaves through the opened door, mumbling to himself.

Damon: "A simple thank you would have sufficed.But no.."

A younger student suddenly passes him, followed by another only towel wearing guy who is desperately trying to capture the classmate that stole his pants.

Damon: "I hate this place."

He opens the metal doors and swears he would never come back to this hellhole they call Highschool...