In Your Arms

*Requested* Can you please do a Damon oneshot based on the song Chemical by Kerli

Characters: Damon x Reader

Warnings: fluffy and cuddly Damon ( I think that deserves a warning,eh?), might be a bit OOC

A/N: As always with songfics, I am not really experienced with them and they most likely only end up being inspired rather than based on the song.

Mornings like this have always been your favorite. Where the world seems to move on its own axes without you running like a hamster to keep it spinning. You feel Damon's heartbeat against your shoulder blades and his warm breath against your neck. It seems as if he is still hauled up in dreamland. Usually, it is Damon who is wide awake hours before you are even remotely thinking about getting up. But today it seems that he is the one that has no desire to even remotely getting out of bed.

You carefully roll over to your other side, facing Damon. He sighs in his sleep and instinctively wraps his arm around you again.

Before you and Damon reunited after spending months apart, he had been restless once again only sleeping for short hours and always rather on his feet than in bed. But having you so close to him again, your body pressed against his, eliminated that impending doom he seems to be carrying around.

A stir followed by a sleepy sigh indicates that your boyfriend might actually be nearing the land of the living - or well almost living. His eyes flutter open and he blinks, washing away his tiredness like a wiper forces the raindrops from a windscreen.

"Good morning, sleepyhead " You smile at him.

"Morning, beautiful."He leans in and rests his forehead against yours his eyes closing before tracing over your face. He leans in and places a tender kiss on your lips.

You rest your head back on the pillow your eyes happily tracing over Damon's face. His eyes as sleepy as they are shine with happiness almost even in a brighter shade of icy blue.

"What?" Damon chuckles.

"We finally made it, didn't we?" You smile at him, thinking back on the time you spend apart, longing to enjoy a moment like this.Against all odds, you found back to each other and it feels good. Hell, it feels euphoric.

"There was never a doubt in my mind, Y/N." He smiles and wraps a strand of hair around his fingers.

"I love you."

"Good thing I sorta like you too." He jokes and leans in to kiss you.

"Hey!" You playfully push him away with your hand.

"I'm kidding!" He throws his hands up in defense before embracing you in his arms, your foreheads joined "I do love you, Y/N. So much."

The time seems to be standing still as you lie there in each other's arms, stealing kisses and touches. Today it seems as if there is no villain to defeat or enemy to outsmart, it is just you and Damon and the golden morning light that shimmers through the half-closed curtains...