Chapter Ten

*Alexandria's p.o.v*

Looking out my window all I saw was darkness. Was it the darkness in my soul I ask? Or just the dark of the night? This night wasn't any normal night. It was a night of sorrow. A night of guilt. A night of pure anger. Once again I am in this mess. Once again I myself am in danger. "Alex." Brown piercing eyes now starring deep into mine. "Are you okay?" I now realized the car was stopped and we were somewhere in the middle of no where. "Not really." I breathed out searching his eyes for some sort of answer. "Alex. We don't have much time to talk let's go in." I ripped my gaze from his and flung the door open and began rushing inside. "Alex wait!" I stopped in my tracks and stumbled around to see a distraught looking Blake. "You cannot go in there alone. Just wait." I now folded my arms and allowed his lead way as we approached the front door. "Good to see you captain!" I jumped startled as a deep voice bellowed those words out. "And who might this be?" Blake smiled proudly in my direction as if I was some sort of grand prize. "This is a friend who is going to be staying with us for a while." I smiled in response un sure of what to say. "Well come on in! We love new company!"

***

"Alex take these and go shower and change. As soon as you go up the steps it's the first door on your right."

As I made my way up the staircase I couldn't help but gaze around. A place that seemed so little was actually beautiful.

My hands danced along the railing as I had finally reached the top of the staircase and I darted for the door as I couldn't wait to take a shower.

"Alex, you're probably wondering how I had time to write this note and lay these things out for you before you had a chance to arrive. Let's just say I'm magic? Please take the Advil I have laid out for you and drink the water with it. Enjoy your shower."

I smiled at the little note that laid in front of me. Blake is such a genuine person. I quickly downed the water and Advil before I laid in the bath to relax.

As I laid in the bath I could hear faint yelling from below the floor that didn't sound too good.

"BLAKE ARE YOU STUPID! YOU ARE GOING TO GET HER KILLED."

I gulped at the word killed. What could he mean by that?

"LIONEL STOP OKAY. I WANT TO PROTECT HER."

Protect me? Protect me from what? From who?

"YOU TELL THAT TO THE BOSS."

Boss? Are they in a gang? What could I possibly be getting myself into?

"Alex? Are you alright you've been in there quiet a while."

I quickly jumped up and threw my towel on and opened the door acting as though I was coming out.

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry Blake I didn't mean to take so long.

Blake raked my body before he could even respond.

"N-n- no worries Alex I'll be leaving now."

I smiled as he left and quickly threw on my clothes before laying in bed and falling into a deep sleep.