Chapter 8: The Truth

JYN'S POV:
I woke up from a bad dream. No, wait, it wasn't bad, it was, weird. Maybe it was because of what happened last night. I hope Aunty Leia is okay.
My phone buzzes multiple times. I check to see who it was.
Cassian, it was Cassian. He spammed me messages.

'We need to meet soon, it's important.'
'Jyn you gotta answer it's really important.'
'Jyn'
'Jyn'
'Jyn it's important.'

I look at the time.
7:03a.m.

Who texts to meet at 7am?

It must be really important. I reply with a question.

'Where?'

'The Cafe next to Aunty Leia's bakery.'

I then got out of bed to change and take a shower.
I put on my jeans and shirt with my cardigan.

I walk to the Cafe and see Cassian sitting at a booth looking nervous.
I walk towards him and sit infront of him.

"Hey you okay?"

"Yes- , No, no I'm not okay Jyn."

"What's wrong?"

"I have to tell you something."
He takes a deep breath.

"Cassian, you're scaring me."

The cafe was empty, because it was only 7:30 in the morning.

Cassian takes another deep breath.

"You dreamed of me the other night didn't you. You haven't even met me that time right?"

Jyn was confused.

"Wait, how did you know?

"I-I wa-was"

"Spit it out Cassian."

"I was actually there."

"What do you mean?" Jyn got goosebumps.

"I can go into a person's dream Jyn! I went into yours last night and something bad happened."

"Wh-what?"

"I'm not suppose to travel a person's dream twice. I'm not even allowed to talk to them."

"What happens if you do?"

"I-I don't kn-know."

Jyn sighs.

"When I was in your dream last night, this man, he was wearing a mask, he wasn't breathing properly. Somehow he pulled me back from talking to you, I couldn't move or talk."

"What happened next?"

"He flung me to the tree. I tried to look for you but you were no longer there. Th- the man came towards me and I used all my strength to wake up."

"I don't remember what happened last night but I did see this man from far, he was wearing a cape."

"YES!" Cassian banged the table.

"What?"

"He was wearing a cape! Have you ever seen him before?"

"No I haven't."

It was suddenly quiet.

"Why did you run away when I bumped into you?" Jyn asked.

"I told my friend Bodhi about you, he freaked when I said I talked to you. He told me to run the opposite way if I ever see you in real life."

Jyn's hand was shaking.

"I need some time to think abiut this." Jyn got up.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Tonight, I'll meet you in your dreams. We need to find out who that man is."

Jyn nods.

-

8:54p.m.

Jyn couldn't sleep. She was scared. But she had to do what Cassian said.
She closed her eyes hoping she would fall asleep straight away.
She was asleep.

In her dream, she was at the beach. It was quiet. She had a gun in her hand and was wearing a weird outfit. Around her were almost a hundred people lying on the floor. They were wearing white masks and armour.
She suddenly saw Cassian not too far from her.
"JYN!"
Cassian ran towards Jyn.

Suddenly a laser shot through Cassian's chest.
One of the white masked and armoured soldier? Was holding one of the weird guns.
Jyn looked at the weird gun she was holding.
She pointed the gun at the soldier and pressed trigger and a laser came out of the gun straight to the soldier.
Jyn was shaking. She had no idea where she was.
Then she saw a ship, not just any ship, a ship that could fly, but it was broken.
Cassian was on the ground, dead. But then he disappeared. Jyn looked behind and saw Cassian standing.
"Cassian!"

Jyn hugs Cassian. Cassian smiles.

"What happened? I thought one of those soldiers shot you?"

"I woke up but fell asleep straight away after that."

Jyn nods.
Cassian had dirt all over his face. He looked like he came back from a war. He had cuts on his hand and his leg hurt.
"Why do you look like this?"

"You should look at yourself."

Jyn looked the same as Cassian, full of dirt on her face, cuts and bruises everywhere.

"What happened?" Jyn looked at herself. "And why am I wearing gloves?"

Cassian was distracted by the tall building that was not so far from them.

"What's that?" Jyn asks.

"That's a data archive."

Suddenly a huge laser hits the sea.

"What's that?" Jyn looked at the huge laser.

"Run."

But it was too late, the huge laser destroyed the whole beach, including Jyn and Cassian.

Jyn and Cassian woke up in their bed.
Jyn was relieved to see her body healthy.

It was morning.

____________________________________

A/N: beach? Lasers? I think I'm abt to cry just thinking about that scene in Rogue One 😢
Anyways what's gonna happen next, aye? 👀
Next chapter coming out soon!