Chapter 11: Memory

JYN

It's been days since I saw Cassian.

I can't do it anymore. This is crazy. What did he mean by Captain Cassian? Or I'm the daughter of the 'great' Galen Erso. My dad wasn't special or anything. He was normal. Many questions filled my head.

I tossed and turned in my bed. I was starting to get a headache just thinking about it. Thinking about 'Darth Vader' made me get goosebumps. I closed my eyes and I finally drifted to sleep.

My eyes shot open to see a grey ceiling. I quickly looked at my surroundings. I was in some type of ship?

A space ship.

I was sitting on some type of metal bench placed right in the middle. At the front were two seats that probably control the space ship. and then there was a man, looking the opposite direction so I wouldn't see his face.

"Why does she get a blaster and I don't?"

I jolted in surprise and tilted my head to see a robot sitting on one of the seats at the front talking to the man. Cassian? But it wasn't the real him. It was the dream him. My dream.

What does he mean by blaster?

I suddenly felt something heavy on my hand. It was a the same gun from the other dream at the beach. But it didn't look like a normal gun. It was like, a gun from the future. Maybe that's what he meant by blaster. The gun I'm holding.

Cassian looked at me. "What?"

Cassian wasn't wearing his normal casual clothes. It was like a uniform. He wore a jacket too.

"I know how to use it." The words suddenly came out from my mouth. I didn't know how to use it. Actually, I've never used a gun in real life.

Cassian's face turned serious. "That's what I'm afraid of." He extended his hand out. "Give it to me."

The robot that's was sitting at the front of the spaceship suddenly interested in our conversation.

"We're going to Jedha. That's a war zone." Jedha? What's that? I couldn't seem to say anything. It was like I wasn't controlling my body.

"That's the point." Cassian took a step closer and sighed. "Where did you get it."

"Found it." I said, still not controlling my voice.

"I find that very vague and unconvincing." The robot said from the front seat.

My eyes were still on Cassian. "Trust goes both ways." Again, the words just came out of my mouth.

My eyes shot open again and I'm in my bedroom.

"What the hell." I muttered and covered my face with a pillow.

CASSIAN

I've been busy this last couple of days. I quit my job. Yes, I quit my job. I decided I needed some time to think about this before going back to work. I've gone to three therapists this week and they all kept on saying I'm crazy. Yeah they're not good.

Captain Cassian Andor.

Those words kept on repeating in my head, over and over again. What did he mean by that?

Captain.

I called Jyn for the 78th time this week. Yes, I kept count. Of course, she didn't answer because she thinks I'm some psycho who got her into this mess.

I decided to take a walk. I left K2 at home.

I took a deep breathe and let all the fresh air in. I wa-

A young boy had accidentally bumped into me. Probably 17 or 18. Had blue eyes. He looked like the type of boy that would break girls heart. Bunch of papers from his bag had dropped on the floor.

I knelt down and picked it up for him.

"Sorry!" He said as he took the papers from me.

I laughed. "It's okay." He looked quite familiar. "Hey aren't you Z-"

"Zach? Yeah." He smiled.

He was that singer in a band. That kid may look like a playboy but he seems nice.

I nodded and smiled. "Keep up the good songs kid."

"Sure will." He said. "Sorry again for bumping into you. I'm late for practice. See you!" He gave me a small smile before running off again.

I remember when I was his age.

Wait a second.

No I don't.

I don't remember anything from the past.

What the hell?

I sudden shiver went up my spine. This was weird. How did I not remember?

I don't remember buying an apartment or getting interviewed for a job.

All I remember was the stuff I did ever since I met Jyn.

I had to go see her.

We need to fix this.

____________________________________
A/N: Zach? Zach!?
For those who read my other book, YMZ or 'You, Me & Zombies' would know who Zach is 🌚

And woah! Finally and update!

Sorry, I've been busy with YMZ and I'm trying to finish it as soon as possible.

I promise I'll update soon.

Anyway, Cassian doesn't remember anything? Weird.

Maybe, just maybe the world he's in right now, with Jyn and Bodhi

was a dream?

I dunno I'm not gonna tell you.

For those who haven't watched Rogue One you wouldn't understand the 'Trust goes both ways' scene so make sure I go watch the movie first before reading the next chapter!