The Loan

It had been a couple weeks since I had embarrassed myself in front of Mr. King. I guess it ended up being in my favor that he ignored me considering how foolish I must have looked.

I had decided that it was time to do something with my law degree and I decided I wanted to open a law firm. I could also just go the typical route and actually pursue law in a court, judge, and all but I felt like I wouldn't be completely satisfied just doing that. I would do that but I also wanted to have something of my own or maybe with a partner even. I had gotten the law degree in the first place because of my mother, who when she was alive was a brilliant lawyer. I really looked up to her and knew she would have wanted me to go down the same path. Well, I am just with some tweaks.

I had parallel parked my small car and began walking down the side walk to bank. I needed to get a loan for this venture and my credit was great so I didn't foresee any issues. I had chosen EK banking as the bank I would go to, I've always found them to be very helpful.

I entered the doors and stood in the short line looking around at the overly decorated bank. It was December so you can bet your ass the tree was out and decorated to the nines. It towered over everyone and was decorated with gold ornaments and other sorts of knickknacks. I took a closer look at the tree, were those diamonds?

I turned my head to the other side to look at the decorations in the corners. This was a very nice bank, too nice, I mean banking with them has been lovely but let's hope they actually give me the loan.

"Yes, I wanted about three hundred thousand," I heard a woman say loudly a little farther away from me, her identity concealed by a little cubical wall. Maybe she should lower her voice? Or get her in an office.

"Great!" She said and I saw her finally come out of the cubical and scurry off holding her handbag in one hand, her blond hair as high as it seemed it could possibly go.

I unconsciously touched the top of my own head "Next" one of the women at the front said and I snapped out of my thoughts.

I told her what I was looking to do and she told me to have a seat in one of the chairs. I sighed and had a seat waiting for the person that could help me. About five minutes later I saw a young woman come out who was dressed in dress pants and a blazer.

"Katherine?" She asked as she came closer to me and stuck her hand out for me to shake. "It's so nice to meet you, right this way," She said and started walking back to her office. This one behind an actual door.

We had a seat and discussed what I was looking to do and how they could help me. When she told me that they couldn't because the amount I I got a bit angry and stood up "You just gave a woman in a cubical three hundred thousand," I yelled angrily. Well, we didn-" She started and before she could finish a man in a suit had opened the door and stuck his head in.

"Everything alright over here Susan?" He asked and the woman named Susan stood up and motioned to me.

It was time to put on a great performance, I thought to myself as I cleared my throat and grabbed my coat.

"Everything is-" I cut her off again. She was not about to downplay this situation. I made sure to dramatically stand up.

"Not fine," I finished for her.

"I want to speak to someone who know's what they are doing and instead of decorating this damn place why don't you people try and run it properly," I said pointing towards the giant tree.

"You can speak to me," He said calmly even though I probably looked insane to him.

"And who are you?" I asked sighing. Another person to talk to, that's not going to even at the very least help me like they should.

"Well, I run this overly decorated bank," he said smiling.

Didn't think people who ran banks were actually ever around. You'd think that he would be in some office in some giant building far, far away.

"Shall we?" He asked holding the door open for me.

"Of course,"I said and exited the office.

I was only trying to maybe speak to someone more experienced, a manager at most. This I was not expecting though.

I stood there biting my lip and looked at his dark curls. How much gel did he use, was there a limit to the amount of gel he could use?

"Do you drink coffee?" he asked me coming to stand in front of me.

"I mean, yeah I suppose," I said not really sure on how to respond to the question and confused as to why he was asking.

"Good," He said walking passed me and out of the bank. I stood there confused for a minute until I realized that he was waiting for me outside.