Chapter 9

Today we are going back to the adoption center and later on we get to bring Auggie and Ocean back to our house just to show them around for a little bit.

Me and Bradley just arrived at the adoption center and Mary brought us back into the meeting room. Auggie, Ocean and Mr. Williams were back there.

"Hi guys" I say and me and Bradley sit down.

"Hi. So we don't have much today today except Auggie and Ocean going to your house so we can go now if you want" Mr. Williams says.

"Sure" I say.

We all leave the room and go outside Auggie and Ocean go in a car with Mr. Williams and Jane, the lady that does the work at houses. Me and Bradley went in Bradley's car.

We drive back to our house and get out of the car with Mr. Williams, Jane, Auggie and Ocean right behind us.

"Wow your house is really big" Ocean says.

"Thanks" I say and open the door.

Auggie and Ocean look around the living room for a minute. Ocean was fascinated with all the pictures I had of me and Bradley. Then some with our families.

He would ask me "Who's this" and I would tell him who it was. He also told me he wants to meet my entire family.

"Can we go see where our room would be?" Auggie asks.

"Sure" I say.

Me, Auggie and Ocean go upstairs and I show them the two rooms while Bradley showed Mr. Williams and Jane the backyard.

"Can we pick which rooms we want?" Auggie asked me.

"Sure" I say.

"I want this one" Auggie says and goes into ones of the rooms.

"I want this one" Ocean says and points to the opposite room.

"That works our perfectly" I say "Do you want to change the color or anything?" I ask.

The room Auggie picked was light green and the room Ocean picked was light blue.

"No thank you. My favorite color is green" Auggie says.

"I don't want to paint mine either because I really like blue!" Ocean says.

"Ok. Then we can leave them the way they are" I say.

"Do you know when you will be able to take us home and we live with you forever?" Auggie asks.

I knew this conversation was probably going to get a little serious so I get on my knees to be on the same level as them.

"I'm not sure. Mr. Williams said probably about another month" I tell them.

"That's so long. Why can't they just leave us here now and never ever come back" Ocean asks.

"I wish they could but they can't yet. But they said next time will probably be our last meeting then 2 weeks after that we get to bring you home" I say. I hope I am making the right choice by telling them this. I don't want to build up there hopes and then something happens and we don't get them.

"Ok" They both say.

"Want to go back downstairs and go see the back yard?" I ask.

"Yeah. We love being outside!" Auggie says.

The 3 of us walk downstairs as we were walking Ocean noticed my engagement ring.

"I like your ring" Ocean says.

"Thanks" I say

"Did Bradley give it to you?" Auggie asks

"Yeah it's just a engagement ring. We are going to get married in the summer probably" I say.

"Can we come?" Ocean asks.

"Of course you can. You two will be the first people we invite" I say.

"Good! We can't wait!" Auggie says.

We go outside and Bradley, Mr. Williams and Jane are talking.

"Wow you have a really big backyard and you even have a pool!" Auggie says.

"Yeah. It's good since you two said you love playing outside" I say

After that the six of us went inside and I showed Auggie and Ocean the rest of the house. They seemed to really like the house.

Mr. Williams and Jane took them back to the adoption center and me and Bradley stayed home for the rest of the night.