Mr. Price

I woke up entangled in soft silky sheets, head pounding and body aching. All I could think about was what had happened and where I was. I couldn't concentrate on finding the answer to either of those questions because my head felt like someone had punched me in the face. Why couldn't I remember what had happened after seeing that strange attractive man? Thinking about Connor, I started to smile. His green eyes had burned into my own and now that was all I could think about.

It must have taken me an hour of daydreaming for me to even realize that I was completely naked. My own body felt numb and sore all at the same time. It wasn't the first time I had woken up naked, but it was the first time that I had woken to no one else in the bed, and no clothes on the floor either. I fact, the bedroom looked almost creepily spotless. The realization exhausted me and I collapsed into the welcoming sheets, falling asleep once again.

I woke up looking at the ceiling this time. I knew now that this was in fact not a dream. This was  most certainly not my crabby little apartment on the south side of the city. I climbed out of bed and put on a light pink bathrobe folded on the arm chair beside the bed. Had that been there before? 

The room around me was perfectly clean and larger than any bedroom I had ever seen before. Well, in real life that is. I tried to find my clothes, but there wasn't even a little trace of them. Which was surprisingly hard to believe because the perfume Coco always made us wear reaked. If I couldn't see my clothes, usually I could smell them. Once it was on something, it never went away.

"Goodmorning," a kind but strong voice spoke from behind me.

I abruptly turned, tripping on my own feet slightly. In front of me stood a short women around the age I imagined a grandparent could be. I was so in shock that I couldn't seem to say anything. 

"I'm Carla, Mr. Price's maid. I mean he likes to say I'm his housekeeper, but I feel that makes me seem older. You can call me Carla though." With that she laughed and started to walk towards a dresser close to me. Her laugh was calming and I took a seat in the armchair. Was Price the last name of the mysterious Connor I had met last night?

All I managed to say was a simple "Oh."

Carla smiled and pulled out a light blue dresser from the bottom drawer.

"I believe this would be the only clothing that we have that would actually fit you." She made a "tsk" sound and then continued. "You kids these days with your bony fashion, it wouldn't hurt you to eat a little more huh?"

I tried to smile and took the dress from her.

"Thank you?"

"You are very welcome dear, my daughter used to stay here occasionally but when Mr Price decided to live her full time she moved out. Luckily for you she left a few clothes here." Carla turned to leave but then stopped and turned right back around. "Undergarments are in the top two drawers, I washed the ones you had on last night and put them away this morning while you were sleeping." 

After going on for awhile about how skinny I was and how she was going to make me her favorite potato soup, she pointed to a door on the other side of the room.

"That there is the bathroom. I bet you probably want to shower." Carla smiles again and starts to leave but this time, it's me that stops her.

"Wait!" I yell quite loudly, then slowly add a timid, "please..?" into the sentence.

"Yes?"

"I don't remember last night. I just really need to get back home to my friend Jodie, she really needs me. I have no idea where I am or who I was with last night. I think I might have been drugged." I couldn't continue without crying so I stopped, unfortunately my eyes were still starting water. I felt stupid relying on this complete stranger to hand me all the information I needed.

Carla paused, as if she was thinking of how to put what she was going to say.

"Honey, I know you're probably scared, and you are more than welcome to leave, but Mr. Price is a very nice young man. I get off of work at five every day so I can't tell you what might have happened after that. My guess, and sorry if this is rude, I'm under the assumption that you are a prostitute. Which means that I think Mr. Price may owe you some money if you stick around. Carla paused, then continued. "Mr. Price with be back around three this afternoon and he will explain everything then."

"What time is it now?"

Carla glanced at her watch and looked up smiling. "Almost 1pm dear."