Question and a Plane Ride

Oliver's Pov.

Her grey eyes watched me, like she was waiting for me to say something. What could I say? Out of all the times I've tried to help a girl like her, they all had said no. Now, sitting in front of me, still naked, was the first girl to ever say yes. All I knew was her name. How did I know her name? I had connections.

Grey's eyes mesmerized me. Every time I looked at her, they starred straight back. Maybe that's why her parents named her Grey. It was the color of her eyes.

I try to clear my head. I have a fiancé whom I love. I shouldn't be thinking these thoughts. Luckily, I was interrupted.

"What now?" Grey's quiet, innocent like voice asked.

"Now? Well.." I blush. "You should probably get dressed."

With that, I leave the room.

As I walk out I see Carla smirking at me from a distance.

"She's cute isn't she?" She asked.

"I..um..I have a fiancé."

Carla just laughs and continues to fold some towels. I wait and wait for Grey. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Grey comes out of the bedroom.

She's wearing a pale blue dress that showed off her frail figure. Did she have no muscle? Her hair was naturally curling and wet. She must have taken a shower. I look down and see a list in her hand.

"What's that." I nod my head towards the list.

She clears her throat. "My uh questions for you."

I laugh, thinking she's joking. When I realize she's not, I quickly become serious and ask Carla to leave us alone for a few minutes.

Grey sits down on the couch, already acting like she's at home.

"My first question is, what happened last night?"

I think back and smirk.

"What? You think we had sex?"

Grey instantly turned bright red. On the outside I laughed, but inside I was curious because this is what she did for a living.

"Because we didn't. When I told you I knew your name, you freaked out and started trying to get out of the car. It's not my proudest moment..but I knocked you out. I knew you wouldn't listen to me if I tried to talk to you then..and I just wanted to help you."

Grey sat looking at me, silent. Part of me wondered if anyone in her life has ever tried to help her.

Probably not.

Grey's Pov.

Part of me didn't want to believe any of this. Was a trick being played on me? It definitely felt like it. Unfortunately, even if I wanted to change my mind and go back home, I couldn't. I was already on a plane heading to a mansion somewhere in the country. Oliver didn't tell me where we were going, he wanted it to be a surprise.

I look to my left at Oliver, and then to my right at a young girl. She didn't seem much younger than me. Maybe two or three years. Her blonde hair was curled and she seemed well off money wise. When she reached down to get out a book, I saw red lines running horizontally up her wrists. She was a self harmer. Part of me wanted to ask her why, but another part of me knew I shouldn't.

The stranger beat me to it.

"I see you starring at my wrists." She said quietly.

Oliver looked over at me curiously and I could tell he was listening to what I would say.

All I could manage to say was "Why?"

"I want to kill myself. That's why. But I'm too cowardly to do it. No one would care anyways."

As she said the last sentence, her voice became quieter. Almost like she herself didn't believe it. I didn't care though. I was already mad. She had some much to live for.

"What's your name?" Oliver cut in.

"Amanda."

"Well Amanda, I'm going to tell you a story" I said

"I knew this boy, his name was Dustin. We met when I was thirteen and he was fourteen. We went to school together, we clicked on pretty much everything, he was really my best friend.

I loved this boy like no other; we were together 24/7 and knew everything there was to know about one another. We spoke often of depression, both dealing with it we shared stories of wanting to take our lives, on more than one occasion.

Not thinking he would do it, I shrugged it off.

Well, the summer of 2010 I had planned on going to Texas. The last day of school he was absent, he walked to the school to see me home. He looked me in the eyes with a fear I won't ever forget and said "I need you here, please don't go." I was selfish and said "Dude, I'll be back in a month, you'll be okay," and walked away.

A month later I got a call that he had hung himself. His note read 'No one cared enough to stay.'

I literally felt my heart break. I loved him so much. More than I could put into words. At his funeral there were over 200 people.

He thought no one cared. I saw people shaking, crying, screaming, begging and pleading for him to come back.

Everyone cared.

It sucks that sometimes people have to be taken away from us in order to appreciate them, but it happens. People in those moments show how much they care.

This boy wanted to die, and I understood because I did too.

Depression isn't anything that can be fixed overnight, especially by death. When you want to kill yourself, you really think no one would care, when in reality they do.

I'm asking you to stay. Because I care. I care about your life, your goals, your happiness, and your sadness.

I care that you get better because you deserve to be happy.

It's a right. As do others. Death isn't a solution. Not now, not ever."

By the time I was done, the plane had landed and Amanda had tears in her eyes.

Oliver's hand was intertwined with mine and I wondered when that had happened.

I let go of it and Amanda hugged me tightly while whispering "Thank you."

I felt better but a sudden sadness engulfed my thoughts. Even as we were on our way to the house, I just couldn't shake it.