Eight

Millicent's stomach clenched and she felt the urge to throw up.
She doubled over and felt her throat go numb.
"Bucket." She groaned "Get me a bucket." Two hands let go of either of her arms.
"Don't throw up on my floor." Millicent heard Ronan grumble.
She did, and she didn't. The bucket worked perfectly fine.
"The F-"
"Ronan." The bite to Adams voice cut him off in a way that any other words wouldn't have.
They all stared at the bucket; now filled with moss, leaves, grass, overwhelmingly green. Fresh though, as if Opal had gone adventuring and brought back green bounty from the woods.
Millicent wiped her mouth, dirt smudging onto the back of her hand.
"Mil?" Jared kneeled next to her, his shoulders pensive, his voice guarded.
Millicent glanced to him, her mind a blank slate, her hair hung between them like a scarlet veil.
Adam took Ronan's hand and silently led him out of the room. Millicent was utterly alone, and simmering with untapped anger and fear.
"What is going on?"
The question was so trivial, so silly, so...so.
Millicent laughed. A singular unfunny 'Ha'
"I don't...I think I'm dead."
"You're not, you're alive, here now...in Virginia," he said the state like it tasted bad in his mouth, "as odd as it is, you're still here."
Millicent straightened herself, her back cracking in the process.
"And so are you, apparently."
He let a puff of air out of his nose, something that danced the line between a scoff and a laugh.
"Are we really here," he asked, standing and moving to the window, "or is here still Ireland?"
"We are," Millicent stretched her legs out, "you should hear their accents...tragic."
Jared scrubbed his hands over his face.
"I'm going outside." Millicent tucked her hair back, "I wouldn't recommend snooping, Ronan's big on personal privacy, and isn't afraid to enforce it."

***
Millicent was in the field, eyes closed, the wind whipping her hair in a way that could only be described as violent. She didn't care. The promise of a storm lingered on the horizon and something about that made her stomach drop with excitement.
"Hello, Blue."
She hadn't even realized Blue was there and yet somehow the words bubbled out before she could stop them.
"We're leaving."
Millicent stretched her arms out as rain began to sprinkle from the sky.
"Where are you going?"
Blue shrugged. It was almost as if Millicent was  watching from above, anticipating every move they made, as if she weren't in control of her own body, but instead was watching as a third.
"Everywhere." There was an ache to Blue's voice, a sense of excitement and fear at the prospect of exploring the unknown.
Millicent stood, arms outstretched for a heartbeat before turning to the older girl.
"Blue?"
Blue's posture was weary to say the least, something in Millicent's composure was slightly unsettling.
"I'm afraid."
Although still clearly cautious, Blue didn't hesitate in wrapping the girl in a tight hug. There was nothing like a broken being to compel Blue to let down her spiky exterior.
Millicent began to cry.
But these weren't normal tears, that would be too easy. Millicent began to cry and once she began, she couldn't stop. She fell to her knees and hung her head in defeat.
Blue went ridged. One by one, Millicent's tears drifted to the ground with a lazy grace, until the girls were surrounded by a small river of flowers.

*******
Helooooo
Haha so, I am very bored in quarantine and decided to revisit this story. Sorry if some of the details don't match, it's been a while since I've even opened Wattpad! Hope this is alright :)