Liar Liar

liar liar, 

you're such a great big liarwith the tallest talesthat I have ever heard

I take Diana's hand and drag her towards the basement. If she is going to stay, she'll need to know everything that is going on. Living in Mystic Falls isn't a cakewalk, especially not with Stefan the way he is right now. I was wrong to lie to Diana. I was also wrong for kissing her in the living room, even if I did enjoy it. She's right to say I loved her. Hell, I probably still do. I just don't know if I'm ready to admit that just yet. I definitely don't want to admit it to Diana, though she seems pretty convinced of my feelings already. She's intuitive like that. It's infuriating.

"Damon, what are we doing?"

I place a finger over her lips, pleading with my eyes for her to be silent. Stefan won't come down if he knows he's walking into a trap. Leading Diana into one of the cells across from a large white refrigerator, I wait for my brother to make an appearance. After a few minutes, Diana rolls her eyes, making to leave. I grab onto her wrist, pointing to the stairs just as Stefan comes into view. The blonde gives me a quizzical look, but stay still. Her eyes shift to my brother as he walks to the refrigerator and pulls the lid open. Inside are hundreds of bags of blood. I glance over at Diana. She looks like she's on the verge of tears. She's always really cared about Stefan. Seeing him drinking human blood, knowing he's falling into his old ways, must be killing her.

Sensing that Diana isn't able to form words at the moment, I step out of the shadows, "Well, well, he's a liar and a thief. So, when are you going to start sharing? We are running dangerously low upstairs."

Stefan shrugs, "Go ahead, help yourself."

"No, no. I'm talking about the fact that you're a closeted blood junkie."

"So, I'm drinking blood again. You're the one that shoved it on me, what's your problem? I have it under control."

Diana steps out of the shadows. There are tears running down her porcelain cheeks, her eyelashes damp. She gives me a hurt look before turning to Stefan, "Under control? You've robbed the hospital, Stefan! And you, Damon," Diana whips around to face me. The look in her eyes is like a stab to the heart, "you made it seem like you had nothing to do with this. How am I supposed to trust you now?"

Before I can stop her, Diana runs off. Somewhere upstairs a door slams.

Stefan, already done with his first blood bag and moving onto his second, turns to me, "Uh – oh; trouble in paradise? Have my actions negatively impacted you? I can't imagine what that must feel like. You know you're pretty little girlfriend made a pass at me this morning."

I grimace at my brother, "If I recall correctly, you made a pass on her and she's not my girlfriend."

"So then she's free game?"

"What's Elena think about the new you?" I question, grasping at straws. If Stefan doesn't snap out of this soon not only will I have a ripper situation on my hands, but I'll also have to explain to Elena why Stefan cheated on her. I don't want to be responsible for picking up after my brother again.

"Nothings changed; I'm still the same person," Stefan answers calmly.

My eyes shift from his face to the fridge full of stolen blood bags, "Clearly."

"Elena doesn't need to know anything yet."

"You've been off the human stuff for years, Stefan. If you're having problems controlling – "