Introduction

"We will be arriving shortly" my butler Richard, a 30 year old man with brown eyes and brown hair, says.

"Is this really necessary?" I ask my mother.

"Oh hush. We haven't seen Ciel in over three years. And now since my sister is no longer there to care for him, I want to make sure he is ok" she responds.

I don't mind visiting my cousin, I'm actually very close to him. I would always watch over him whenever his parents were doing something for work. But 4 years ago my parents dragged me and my brother to France since my grandmother passed away and my father had to take on the roll as duke. See, my grandmother was a duchess, a very-well respected duchess. Now my father and mother took over the rolls of duke and duchess.

I visited twice before now, when both of my aunts died. First was Ciel's mother, a beautiful woman. Her and her husband died in a tragic fire three years ago. I didn't speak with Ciel because I knew it was too hard on him. Then I visited about a month ago, yet again for a funeral. This time it was my other aunt, Ciel's aunt. She had no children but she helped continue raising Ciel in the absence of his mother. After her funeral my mother decided she was going to visit Ciel and make sure he was alright, he was only a boy after all.

My mother, duchess Vedetta Hunter, a woman with blonde hair and brown eyes, is highly respected in France. She is kind and polite, just like my grandmother. My father, duke Miles Hunter, a man with black hair and blue eyes, took over pretty well. Everything is running smoothly and everyone is happy thanks to him. Then there's my brother, Byron Hunter, a boy with black hair and turquoise eyes. He wishes to take over fathers place soon, however he is only 18, meaning I will be taking the place as duchess.

My name is Rosemarie Hunter. I'm a 25 year old woman who still lives on her parents estate. I have blonde hair, which is usually in a ponytail, and bright blue eyes. I will be the next duchess of France, unless something terrifying is to happen to me before that.

"We've arrived" Richard says.

"Ah, the Phantomhive estate. Always a sight for sore eyes" my father says as he steps out of the carriage.

Richard offers me a hand and I gladly take it, stepping out of the carriage. He does the same with my mother then grabs the bags from the carriage and carries them to the door, following behind my mother and father. I stay behind and admire the property. It looked brand new, and it almost was. They rebuilt it about two years ago after the fire. It looked very well kept in those years. The garden surrounding the estate looked beautiful, the bushes well trimmed, the flowers well kept.

I walk inside and am even more amazed. There was a stairwell just ahead of us, a blank space with worn out wallpaper where a painting used to hang was above it.

"Hellooo" my mother says, trying to find someone. All she gets in return is an echo.

"They must not be home. I'll be admiring the estate, don't mind me" I say walking up the stairs and through a hallway.

On my walk I checked every door, trying to figure out if someone was home and just out of curiosity. A couple of the doors were locked, which only peaked my curiosity, but I ignored it and continued on. I make it back to the main stairwell and find my brother sitting on the floor, Richard was standing next to him looking all proper and butler-like, well I suppose he would, he is a butler.

Richard has been with my family since I was born. His parents used to work for my parents and I guess the job was just passed onto him, so now he works for my family just like his parents used to. We were very close because of this. Richard would always watch over me and my brother whenever my parents were gone for work. Although at the time he was able to do this I was already 10, making him 15. He was very mature for a 15 year old, so my parents started trusting him with more important matters, like taking care of me and my brother.

"Where have our parents gone?" I ask Richard.

"They are currently searching for a telephone, Miss Rose, to let Lord Phantomhive know we have arrived"

"I see"

Rose is a nickname given to me by my family. Only they can call me that, with the exception of Richard, he practically is family. If someone other than them calls me Rose, let's just say I get really mad.

The door opens and 6 figures walk in. One was Ciel, the others looked to be his butler, his maid, his chef, his gardener, and... some random old dude. He looked like a butler but he seemed... a little small and absent minded to be a butler.

"Ciel!" I scream and hug him, lifting his Light body off of the ground. I was much taller than him, he stood 5'0 while I was 10 inches taller, with my heels on.

"Elizabeth why-" he tries to speak but I cut him off.

"I know my hair is blonde but I am no where near as girly as her" I say pulling away. He has a shocked look on his face.

"Rosemarie"

"Please, you're family. Call me Rose" I give him a closed eye smile.