Frost Fair

The frost fair was full of people. I was walking around by myself, I had lost Ciel and Sebastian so I decided to wander around. I walk into somewhere that looks like a café, I could see Lau talking with Ciel and another man. Lau is a Chinese nobleman. He is tall with black hair and eyes that I've never seen open.

"Oh Ciel! I thought I lost you" I take a seat next to him, and look at the other man. "And who might this be?"

"This is a detective from Scotland Yard"

"Nice to meet you" I smile at the man. He had messy auburn hair and blue eyes. "I should be going, I want to look around at the booths" I say to Ciel then stand up and walk back out into the cold.

I walk around and enjoy the fair. I pass by a man with orange hair playing a music box. Then I pass by a tent with the sign 'undertaker' above the door. I finally make my way back to Ciel and the others. They were fighting over an ice sculpture of a woman with a blue ring on her finger, the object Ciel was looking for. A man with long blonde hair stood with a smile on his face looking pleased with himself, a white rose in hand.

"Ciel what exactly have you gotten yourself into?"

"I'm going to win an ice sculpture contest" he answers.

"Such a lovely lady" the blonde says, grabbing my hand and placing a kiss on it.

"Uhh" was all I could muster.

"Don't put your filthy hands on her" Ciel says dragging me away.

We stand in the crowd, watching the ice sculpture contest. The first two sculptures were... interesting? The one Sebastian had created was of Noah's arc. It was incredible, an automatic win.

One of the men from the last group who had entered ran to the prize statue and pulled out a gun. Then he moved his jacket to show dynamite tied around his waist. The other two men knocked over a barrel which was half full of dynamite.

"I'll give you ten seconds to run" the man says, lighting a lighter.

Everybody around us runs away. I stand by Ciel, who seemed unnaturally calm. The detective started to run away, but he turned around and tried to get Ciel and me away from here. The man with the gun shot the ice in front of him making him stop in his tracks. He points the gun at Ciel and I try to get him out of there but he doesn't move.

"Ciel we cannot just stand here"

"I suggest you run boy" the man says.

Out of nowhere Sebastian came skating on the ice and jumped, kicking the gun out of his hand. He gracefully landed as the other two men shot at him. He spun in the air, dodging the bullets. When he lands he skates up to them, his leg out behind him in a spiral position, and he hits them with the blade of his skate making them fall.

The original man pulls out a stick of dynamite and lights it, tossing it towards me and Ciel. We both stand in shock, unable to move. Suddenly I feel myself being lifted off my feet. Sebastian was holding Ciel above his head while he held me, an arm around my waist, skating us to safety. The man continues to Light and throw dynamite at us. The ice breaks, making the three men fall into the ice. Sebastian takes us to his ice sculpture which kept us floating on the water.

"What else can you do?" I ask Sebastian.

He doesn't answer, he only smirks. I then turn to Ciel.

"What about the ring?" I ask.

"It will remain lost" Ciel answers looking straight ahead.

We go back home and I walk to my room. I had a bag in my hand from the fair. I bought a nice dress, it was black and white, one for the summer months. I walk into my room and place the bag on my bed. When I take out the dress I see something blue fall to the ground. I bend down and pick it up, examining it in my hand. It was a ring, almost like Ciel's. It was gold with a blue gem imbedded in it.

"This looks a lot like the ring on the statue... how is that possible?" I mutter.

"Is everything alright miss?" Richard comes in with some clean laundry.

"Yes everything is fine" I say, hiding the ring behind my back as I watch him put the clothes away.

"I heard you had a rough evening. I suggest you take a hot bath then rest"

"I will, thank you" I say as he walks out.

"Oh, and your mother threw out all your short dresses. She claimed they were too inappropriate for London" he says closing the door.

"I need to have a talk with mother... after that bath"

I look at the ring once more then place it inside the drawer of my bedside table. I didn't know what to do with the ring, so it was best if I keep it out of sight for now. I sit in the warm bath and think about what had happened earlier today.

What kind of butler is he? No normal butler could make a sculpture or skate like a professional. Not as well as he did today. Not even a professional could reach that standard.

Who the hell is he?