An Angel Again

I said goodbye to my family that morning. I had decided instead of becoming duchess of France I would help Ciel. He was currently gone for some business given to him by the queen.

"Ciel how was it?" I ask as he walks back in, his butler trailing behind. He doesn't answer just walks up to the study.

I huff in frustration but let it go. He looked troubled and if he needed me he knew where I would be. I was up in my room when a knock came to my door.

"My lord wishes your presence" Sebastian says.

"Alright" I follow him out of my room. He leads us outside and into a carriage. "What did you wish to speak of?"

"I am going to speak with Lau, however I need your assistance at my factory"

The carriage starts moving, very quickly.

"Why do you need assistance at your factory?"

"Someone is replacing the candy with a drug called Lady Blanc"

Lady Blanc. Angela.

I nod my head and look out the window. I sit and wait as Ciel and Sebastian talk with Lau. They come rushing out and the carriage moves quickly. Suddenly the carriage stops and I can hear what sounds like a stampede coming towards the cart. Sebastian opens the door and Ciel steps out. I sit in my seat watching the events unfold. When Ciel fully steps out I peek my head out.

"Sebastian what is going on?" I whisper.

"There is no need to worry. Do you know how to drive a carriage?" Sebastian asks.

"Of course I do. Why would that matter?" I ask but he doesn't answer.

He picks me up and puts me in the drivers seat. Before I can say anything he slaps down the reins, making the horses speed off. I quickly grab hold of the reins and steady myself on the seat. No shots were fired but I could hear some of the policemen trying to catch up. I turn around to see Sebastian's and Ciel's figures shrinking in the distance.

I drive, not knowing where to go. I couldn't go back to the estate, that's the first place the police would search. Perhaps I could continue on to the factory. No, they're searching it. Then where? I stop the carriage in front of the docks.

No. I can't leave them. I'll...

I look at my hands. I was gripping the reins tightly.

I'll use my powers. If that doesn't work then I'll fight my way in.

I turn the carriage around and head to where I knew they were being held. If I went straight for Ciel I would only cause trouble. However, with Sebastian free we could free Ciel.

I hop off of the carriage and sneak down a set of stairs. Sebastian was most likely being held in some sort of dungeon. I try to push open the door but it was locked. On the other side I could hear Sebastian speaking with someone. I stand still, thinking of what to do, when my vision turns white. When I'm finally able to see again the door was gone.

I ignore the odd fact and continue in. As I get closer I can hear it was Angela speaking with Sebastian. I peek around a corner and find Sebastian chained to a wall. He had whip marks on his body, his face scratched up. Angela had a whip in her hand.

I place my back against the wall, no longer watching. I try to think of a plan. How would I be able to get rid of Angela. She is an angel and I was an angel. Was. Then that must mean if I can, I could regain some power. I have some, but if I can somehow remember my life before that might just... it won't work. There is no possible way for me to remember.

I slide against the wall to the floor and curl up in a ball. Sebastian and Angela were still talking, meaning I had some time to think.

It doesn't matter wether or not I have powers. As I thought before, I am strong enough to take on an angel.

I stand up and prepare myself to fight Angela. Before I round the corner I'm blinded by a white light. The others don't seem to notice it as they continue talking, ignoring my struggle to see against the light.

The light disperses and I can see again. Another door had disappeared. But it wasn't a real door, more of a metaphorical door. I knew of my powers and what I was capable of. I knew who I was when I was an angel. I knew I was ready to free Sebastian. Not that he couldn't free himself, he was fully capable of that, but I wanted to help in any way I could. Having a demon and an angel by your side could make anyone powerful.

And Ciel had just that.