Odd Events

I walk downstairs into the kitchen after waking up. I follow a delicious scent and find everybody except Ciel and Soma making dinner. My eyes widen. I didn't know it was possible for all the servants to be making something that smelt so delicious.

"How the hell..." I mutter.

"It will go much faster with everybody's help" Agni, the prince's butler, says.

"Wow. Can't wait to eat" I smile then walk to the dinning room.

The food was delicious, something I've never tasted before.

"How long are you intending to stay?" Ciel asks Soma.

"Until my search is done" he answers.

"And you, how long do you intend to stay?" Ciel asks Lau angrily.

"Now now Ciel, if you follow along they will be gone before you know it" I tell the young Earl.

Soma starts describing the woman he was searching for, the reason he was here in the first place. He was very determined to get her back. The prince gets mad at something Ciel had said and grabs him, yelling in his face. Ciel then walks out of the room.

"Ciel" I whisper while standing up. "If you'll excuse me" I say with a shaky voice. I walk back to my room. I knew I couldn't do anything to help him, I've tried but he has always shut me out. It killed me how I couldn't do anything.

I walk back downstairs later that night, wanting to get something to quench my thirst. As I make it to the bottom step I see Agni and Soma going to walk out the door.

"Where could you possibly be going at this time of night?" I ask rubbing my eyes.

"We have some business to attend to" Agni says walking out the door.

"My dear have you thought of being a princess?" Soma says taking my hand.

"Well of course, every little girl dreams of being a princess"

"What if I said I could make you a princess. You have the beauty and grace of one"

"You do realize that I am 8 years older than you, right?" I ask, weirded out.

"Age is nothing but a number" he announces. Agni clears his throat. "I will return, and I will want an answer" he kisses my hand and then walks out the door.

"Stupid prince" I mutter walking into the kitchen. On the way I run into Sebastian who was tidying up the cabinet that held the dishes.

"What was that about the prince?" He asks with a smirk on his face.

"Oh shut it, I know you heard the conversation" I say walking past him to the kitchen.

"I believe that is something you would call a once in a lifetime opportunity. What do you plan on doing?" He follows me into the kitchen, now done with the dishes.

"Well obviously I don't plan on marrying some little boy" I grab a glass from the cupboard and fill it up with water.

"Then who do you plan on marrying?" He asks. When I turn around he was leaning against the centre island.

"Someone who I at least know. But I like the idea of marrying someone I love" I look to the side, thinking it over.

"Is there anyone you love?"

"Nosy butler, aren't you" I say locking eyes with him. In a flash he is in front of me, both hands placed on either side of me. I was stuck.

"I only wish to learn more about what is most dear to my young master"

"I'm certainly not dear to Ciel" I look down at my shoes, ashamed. "I can't even help him whenever he needs it"

Sebastian places a finger under my chin and lifts my head up. He had an almost kind smile on his face, something you don't usually see. It's either a closed eye smile that makes it look like he's forcing it or a smirk.

"Do not worry about him, he is so used to being alone in these times that he simply cannot learn to allow people to help"

I sigh. "Well even if marrying a prince will help me get closer to him I'd do it"

His sincere smile turns sadistic. "What about marrying a demon?"

"Don't talk nonsense. Demons don't exist"

He chuckles to himself and pulls away. I stand up straight and take a couple steps towards the door. I stop and turn my head to look back at him.

"Do not wake me tomorrow. Whatever you and Ciel are doing, I do not wish to be apart of it" he simply stares at me, watching me walk out the door.

The next day was quite peaceful. Ciel, Sebastian, Lau and the prince had all gone off somewhere. The servants were all fairly quiet. I spent the day reading, I managed to finish a very good book. That night when the others had returned, Soma looked glum. I tried to sleep but I was restless. I start walking around until I find Ciel talking to Soma, Sebastian was standing by.

"Is everything alright?" I ask then mutter to myself. "Why do I have to keep asking the same question?"

"Everything is fine" Ciel says.

"Perhaps it is because there is always something odd happening" Sebastian answers my second question.

I nod my head and look to Soma.

"Are you alright?"

He engulfs me in a hug. "Can you tell Ciel to stop being mean?"

I give a short sigh. "Pay no mind to his attitude, it is simply who he is. And you need to act more mature. The problem between the two of you is that you're complete opposites, there is not much I can do"

He removes his arms from me and I walk away, passing by Sebastian and Ciel.

"Tea my lady?" Sebastian asks.

"No thank you, I need rest" I walk back to my room and fall asleep.