Number 16

Sierra's P.O.V

I was still sitting in my room after my in counter with Natalia's fist earlier, when there was a knock on the Orphanage Door. Not thinking much of it I just carried on with what I was doing, which consisted of absolutely nothing. Curiosity of who the visitor was got the best of me and I made my way downstairs, being careful to not bump into Natalia or rather her fist again.

Once I was downstairs, I followed the voices to the visiting room where I heard a what I thought was a familiar voice, but I coulnd't make out who it belonged to. I know her from somewhere, come on Sierra think. 

Walking into the visiting room I was greeted by the face of the familiar voice, she had pretty brown eyes, a bright smile and neon pink hair.  Where do I know that voice from ugh? 

Lost in my thought I wasn't looking where I was going and walked straight into the wall in front of me and landed on my bottom with a loud crash.  Typical.

I lied here, dizzy, for a bit before realizing that the whole room was laughing at me and my new found friendship with the wall. Except one person, one person wasn't laughing at all and looked rather concerned. It was the familiar lady. She was standing in front of me with love and care flooding her eyes,  me being me  I came to terms with the fact  that I was staring at her in awe and not actually answering her questions. ''Hey baby, are you okay? 

''Uhh yeah i'm okay now thank you Miss''  I finally answered and was was just about to make a B Line for the stairs when I was pulled down again by something. Someone. The familiar lady. ''Call me Demi haha, miss makes me sound old'' She said laughing a bit. ''Okay, thank you Demi, now I gotta go it was nice meeting you'' I said politely before trying my escape route again. Thankfully this time it worked and I made it to my small bedroom in one piece. 

You see, it's not that I didn't like Miss Lo.. Demi. It's just that this happens a lot. Yes, me bumping into things happens a lot too but what I mean is people interview me a lot, but then they get to know me as in the real me, Sierra Trescott and they go running for the hills. I think it's because i'm quiet and shy.

Demi's P.O.V

I arrived at the orphanage at 11:06, well so much for first impressions. I swiftly rushed up to the door and could only hear shouting. ''I thought I told you? She's not gonna want a freak like you! Hello? Earth to Sierra? You're not listening to me. GO BACK UPSTAIRS.'' ''Slap'' Slightly shocked by what I had just heard I knocked on the door and prepared myself for what was on the other side but I was pleasantly surprised when a young lady with blonde hair and blue eyes appeared in front of me with a huge welcoming smile. ''Ah you must be Miss Lovato, so nice to meet you, big fan'' She said with a slight wink. I took out some paper and quickly signed an autograph before letting myself in the front door and closing it behind me.  

I followed her through to the ''Visiting Room'', I assume and the young lady introduced herself to me. ''So, Miss Lov...'' I stopped her half way through. ''Please, call me Demi'' I said politely hoping to not sound rude.  She smiled and said ''So Demi, I'm Laura, Miss Easby to the girls. We have 16 girls  here at the moment from age 2-16 all with different abilities and different stories, some more complicated than others' I just nodded. 

''Are you looking for a specific age Demi?'' Laura questioned. ''Umm well I was hoping to adopt a little girl between 3 and 8 please, of course, I don't have a preference. All children deserve to have a loving family'' 

Miss Easby nodded before calling the children down. 

15 girls lined up in front of me all with beautiful faces and deserving happiness but I could only have 1... Well for now. Hang on a minute, I thought to myself, I thought there was supposed to be 16 girls. Letting it go I got on with my interviews. I can't wait to be a mummy. 

About 10 minutes later I'd interviewed 5 of the girls and still hadn't found ''the one'' if you know what I mean.  I was just about to move onto number 6, a little girl called Ruby . When a tiny little girl with long, curly light brown hair, a pale face with a few little freckles and a button nose walked in looking lost in thought. Number 16. 

The little girl walked through the door lost in thought and wasn't looking where she was going. She crashed straight into the wall and landed on her bum with a big crash. Owouch. The whole of the visiting room erupted in laughter while the beautiful little girl lay shocked on the floor, looking dizzy. I rushed over to her asked her if she was okay. She didn't answer at first she just stared at me. Finally she answered me and when she did she sounded adorable, her little voice was just so cute. she said she was okay and started making her way to the stairs but I grabbed her and told her to call me Demi, I'm not old like Simon haha. She smiled at me before walking towards the door again, swiftly making her way upstairs. 

I didn't need to see the other beautiful little girls here,  I didn't know her name, how old she was or anything about her for that matter but what I did know is I have a new favourite number. Number 16 is the little girl for me.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry if in this story I keep switching between ''Mummy and Mommy'' it's just that I'm from the UK and the story is set in the USA. I'm trying to make it like Demi would say. I'm sorry if I confuse you. 

JanoDemi_x

S.