Ch.9

*Next Day*

The bright sun shining through the light blue curtains woke me up. At first I was a bit disoriented and confused, the large person wrapping me in their arms definitely threw me off.
I looked over to my side and saw Luke. He had his arm around my waist and his head just above my shoulder. His legs were intertwined with mine. For a moment I allowed myself to smile and take it all in, but I couldn't stay like this forever.
I slowly unwrapped our legs and moved his arm. I was still wearing the bikini from yesterday and I could feel the gross sticky ocean water still on my skin. I got up and tiptoed over to his bathroom. I didn't want to wake him or Ivan. I was surprised at how awake I felt. It's like I felt alive again. The feeling was one I hoped I'd never forget. Regardless of how late I went to sleep I was still content and awake.
I jumped in the shower and washed the salty sand off. There was only guy shampoo and body wash so by the time I finished showering I smelled almost identical to Luke. Spicy with a mix of holister.
I wrapped a towel around my body and searched for clothes. Of course there were none in there. I walked out of the bathroom in search of clothes and Luke was standing over the counter with his sweatpants hanging dangerously low. His tall, tan, sculpted body left me a bit shocked even though I've seen it while swimming.

"Um I'm going to head over to my dorm but thanks so much for letting me stay!" I said thankfully.

"No problem, do you want some clothes first?"Luke asked with a smile playing on his lips.

"Nah I'll return your towel later." I laughed.

With that I turned and walked out the door. I headed straight across the hallway to my dorm and opened my door.
I was greeted with a pile of bags and a messy bed on the other side of the room. After a quick look I discovered my new roommate under the mess on the bed opposite of mine.
A sudden giddy excitement pulsed through me. I was so ready to meet my roomie. I glanced over at the clock on the wall and saw that it already 8 o'clock. Wow I slept in today.
I know what you're thinking, 8 o'clock is not sleeping in, but by now Luke and I would be out skating or at the beach or something.
I went over to the small counter in our dorm where there was a coffee pot and started a fresh brew. Then I went over to my new wardrobe and searched for a simple outfit.
I decided to wear a shirt with a tie dye Vans logo and a pair of jean shorts.

My hair fell to the side in its natural wave

My hair fell to the side in its natural wave. The salt water from before gave it some extra wave.

I didn't bother putting any makeup on, I didn't see a point. I looked fine without it and it would just get washed off later anyway.

What a waist of time!

As I was sitting around mentally shaming whoever created today's beauty standards the coffee pot's timer began beeping, alerting me that it was ready to drink.
I walked over and filled up my coffee mug that I brought from home.
It was a water colored cup that said "You gotta want it" in bold letters.
Ever since I got that mug I've always used "You gotta want it" as my life's motto. Every time I felt like giving up I thought about it and said my quote then kept going.
My mixture of coffee and lots of cream sat in front of me steaming. It smelt like a café. The steam rose above the colorful mug. I took a long sip, making sure to savor the first sip, it's always the best.
After standing over the counter for a while and drinking my coffee I began hearing shuffling noises from the other bed.