5.

I love you so
I can't let go
You know it's real
The way I feel
I want to stay
I'll try to wait
On you my dear
My love's sincere
-Mary's Joint; Mary J. Blige 1994

Shyanne's POV
I bobbed my head up and down as I walked out of the bathroom and listened to MJB play from my speaker. I love 90s music with all my heart. It always sets my mood early in the morning. I went to my drawer and pulled out some lazy clothes just so I could eat in them. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something good was going to happen today.

I walked downstairs to see both of my parents cooking in the kitchen. It seemed strange to me because my dad rarely wakes up this early. I checked the clock on the stove and it read 7:06. Oh yeah, this was super early for my dad.

"Um, Good morning." I said.

"Morning baby girl." They said in unison.

"Whats on the menu?" I asked sitting on a stool in front of the bar. "We're making everyone's favorite breakfast individually." my dad said. "Ouu, where is mine?" I asked looking down on my phone scrolling through Instagram.

"It should be done in no more than five minutes, I'm just waiting on your eggs." My dad said.

I lit up on the inside and on the outside because he wasn't just making any type of eggs. They were my scrambled eggs smothered in cheese. My mouth became watery at the thought of it.

"Here you go honeybun." My mom said handing me my food. I see they're smart by using aluminum pans instead of actual plates because I know I'm not washing dishes before I go to school. "Thank you mama." I said.

I prayed over my food and then poured the buttered syrup on my waffles. "Why are you up so early daddy?" I asked while stuffing my face. "I have a meeting at 8:30 this morning about the restaurant." he said sitting down next to me. "Oh okay, are you going mama?" I asked her.

"Yes honeybun." she said while she was sending a text on her phone. "I told you that I don't like that nickname ma." I said rolling my eyes. "But its cute." she replied still not looking up from her phone.

"Shyanne who were you on the phone with so late last night?" my dad asked. My body became tensed up but I thank God almighty that no one was looking at me.

"Oh, it was just Melina." I said nervously. "Oh okay, I was just wondering." he said with his eyes still glued to his phone. I finished eating so I threw my pan away and put my dishes in the sink. I was going to wash them and only mine, until I saw that it was 7:25. I had twenty minutes to get dressed and prepped.

I zoomed back up the stairs into my room. I closed my bedroom door then opened up my closet door. I pulled out my black Vans and sat them by my bed. I quickly brainstormed what I was going to wear. Eventually I put my outfit together which looked like this. I though twice about bringing my purse so I just threw it back in my closet.