sacred question

I don't like to think, mostly due to the fact that I think far too much. I don't mean in a depressive and anxious way, although it used to be of that type, but now it has grown into a much worse thought pattern.

One picture or quote or idea will set my mind off, and I will ponder any and all things surrounding it until eventually, with everything, I am left to wonder how I got here, and how I will leave here. That is to say I wonder with a great curiosity how the earth began, and in turn, how it will end. This is the human's curse; to never really know of our existence.

Desperate for the answers to these sacred questions, we began hypothesizing, and from these hypothesies religion was born. Soon many different religions and beliefs spread throughout the world we inhibit, but it is important we notice they all search for the answers to the same questions regarding us and our being.

Alas, man can never find the answers to these questions. Through all our suffering and pain, joys and triumphs, trials and tributes, it seems as if we have not yet gotten a single step closer to whoever or whatever made us.

Alan Watts once said that thinking, as all other things, is best used in moderation. In my case I strongly agree with him; for if every thought you have spirals down the staircase of questions we shall always end up pondering existence, and so we would become empty, hollow shells of ourselves. That is simply not how I wish to live.

- May 15, 2017