My Drum Major Audition

Whale I think I totally failed it but aaaXD

First was the command calls, I panicked because there was a specific order and I was afraid I wouldn't remember it. But it was Band Ten Hut, Band Horns Up, Band Horns Down, and Band Parade Rest. But I think it went well.

Next was the Conducting Patterns. It was four measures of 3/4, five measures of 4/4, four measures of 2/4 and lastly a cutoff. I think I did well but I didn't know how to do a cut off on two four and I got distracted sooooo

Then it was the tempo memorizing/control. Now Let me tell you right now there are four tempos that I knew by heart, 60, 120, 80, and 160 AND THOSE WERE THE FOUR HE CALLED. (I messed up 160 cause I panicked)

After that was the interview. I feel like some answers were really strong but I took a while to answer some of them and I think that really affected my results. He asked scenario questions like "What if you heard your band directors going too far when joking about a student", "How would you make sure the band cleaned up after themselves", "How would you describe your leadership ways", "What a student wouldn't listen to what you asked them to do", "How would you deal with a upperclassmen not following instructions", "What would you do if your Band Directors told you to stay in one area and had to leave that area and some chaperones told you that the band had to move."

Lastly, was the prepared exercise. I messed up a cut off and I am super upset about it but I think I recovered well so I don't know. Also, the last cut off was a bit sloppy but eh.

That's all that really happened, also a little drama here and there about someone saying that they read my audition files but I don't really care. I have four more days until I find out if I make it so cross your fingers, please! I will keep you guys updated and yeah, Thank you guys for reading and I will see all you mythical creatures in the next chapter XDD