Chapter 2

Niall's POV

"I need to talk to you boys" Simon says as he walks into the office. We look up from the floor where Louis had Harry in a headlock who is sitting on Liam. I'm on Louis's back trying to pull him off Harry and Zayn was yanking on my foot trying to pull me off. He has an odd air of seriousness around him that we don't normally see so we quickly detangle ourselves from each other and sit on the couch with minimal shoving and pushing each other to make room.

"What's up Uncle Si?" Louis asks.

"Have you lads ever heard of the Make a Wish Foundation?" He asks crossing his hands over his desk. The five of us look at one another.

"Is that the group that makes sure that dying kids have a last wish?" Liam finally responds.

Simon nods his head. "Exactly. Well there is a girl who's last request is to meet you boys. It's an American program so they don't really have much say here but apparantly it was her only wish. That's why I decided I'd let you boys decide if you want to do it" He says.

I look at the faces of the boys. They were a mix of pity and determination. I could tell what they were going to say before anyone even opened their mouth.

"We are going to do it" Liam responds first.

"Yeah" Chimes in Harry and Louis instantly giving a nod of agreement.

"Anything to make her last wish come true" Zayn adds sincerly.

"Yayy" I say half-heartedly. Oh no, I think with a sinking stomach. I wasn't sure if I could do this. Sickness and dying scared me. I cried when my goldfish died. How would I be able to stand being in a hospital with that many dying people? And especially when we were supposed to meet one. The boys look at me curiously but are kept from mentioing anything when Simon starts speaking.

"Ok, I'll let them know" He says standing up and walking towards the door. "I'm very proud of you all"

As soon as Simon is out of the room the boys have me surrounded. There is Liam on my left, Zayn on my right, and Harry and Louis sitting by my feet. I bury my face in my hands hoping they wouldn't ask those burning questions.

"What's going on Niall?" Liam asks first.

"Yea, what was that all about?" Harry asks

"Are you ok?" Zayn asks worridly.

"You're the sensitive one, I figured you'd be jumping at this chance" Louis adds.

"I just... I can't go into hospitals" I say shakily, looking up at the lads. "They scare me. Sickness scares me". The boys all give me an understanding look.

"We'll all be there for you Niall" Zayn says patting my back.

"I know. I'll go" I reply taking a deep breath and trying to put on a brave face. There was a pause in convesation as the boys tried to figure out what to say or do to make me feel better.

"I know what will cheer you up" Louis says with a grin looking at the other boys.

"NANDOS" They all cheer together pulling me out of the seat. I grin, letting them pull me out of the room. They were right. If there was one thing that could cheer me up any day it would be some peri-peri chicken and yet, as they pulled me from the room, I couldn't help feeling that something was going to go wrong.

******************************* Two Months Later*******************

I fiddle with the edge of my water bottle nervously. We were on our way to America to meet the girl. Our Australian Tour had just ended and management had decided that this would be the best time for us to go. I have to admit, I was happy we didn't go immediately. It gave me time to brace myself.

"What do you think she'll be like" I ask Liam who was sitting beside me.

"What?" He asks taking his headphones out of his ears as he turns to look at me.

"The girl, what do you think she'll be like?" I ask again. All I could picture was a fragile wisp of a lass that had lost her hair. Not that there was anything wrong with that, all girls were beautiful after all. I just didn't know if I'd be able to handle seeing someone like that knowing they were dying.

"I dunno, hadn't really thought about it" He replies with a shrug before putting his headphones back in.

That was the thing with Liam. He was very good at doing what needed to be done without worrying. I on the other hand, would work myself up about something for hours or days or weeks depending on the subject. I hadn't slept well in days and I think it was beginning to show. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I look back and see Zayn who is sitting in the seat behind me.

"Everything will be alright" he says giving my shoulder a squeeze. "Just try to relax and get some rest"

I nod taking a deep breath, closing my eyes. Relax, I think to myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey if you want to check out my attempt at a trailer its over in the sidebar --> :-)