Chapter 19

Rachel’s POV

I toss and turn in my bed, looking at the alarm clock for what had to be the 50th time. 4:18.  I sigh, turning over again forcing my eyes shut. I couldn’t sleep. The events of the night kept running through my head. He had said he loved me. Any girls dream. And I went and acted like that. It wasn’t even that I didn’t feel the same. I knew I was definitely falling for him. He was the most genuine and caring person I had ever met. Just thinking about him brought a smile to my face. The car ride home had been the worst. It was absolute silence. I couldn’t even bear to look at him. It was awful. I sigh, flipping over in my bed again as my mind replays the events. Why did he have to fall in love with me? That ruins everything. I mean, yea, my #1 on the list was to fall in love, but that didn’t mean they had to love me back. That would just make everything harder. Make me able to accept my fate even less. I sigh pushing back the covers. It was quite apparent that I wasn’t going to sleep tonight. I walk over to my suitcase and pull out my laptop. I hadn’t used it since I’d gotten here because I was always with Niall. I lie back on the bed and open it up. I quickly check my email and notice that I have a ton from my old friends.

Lucky Bitch why didn’t you tell us you were dating Niall from One Direction?

“What?” I say softly, reading through more emails of similar fashion. I close out of the email and do a quick Internet search of Niall. My eyes widen at what I see. There were tons of pictures of us together. Pictures from Nandos, skydiving, and some of us just hanging out around his neighborhood. There was even some up from tonight. “Oh my god” I say shocked as I scroll through the pictures. There must have been people following us everywhere. I open up my twitter and see that I have hundreds of new followers. My wall filled with people telling me I wasn’t good enough for Niall and to stay away from him. My hand flies to my mouth stifling a sob as I begin to read them. I should have just shut my computer there but something compelled me to keep reading.

Stay away from Niall you ugly bitch.

Why would he ever want someone like you?

Leave my boyfriend alone or I’ll kill you

Why don’t you do the whole world a favor and go die.

Go die. Go die. Go die… The words just kept replaying in my mind.

“Rachel?” a voice says softly accompanied by a knock on the door. I look at the door and see Niall stick his head in worriedly. “I thought I head crying so…” he starts staying before seeing me looking at my computer. “What is it?” he asks walking in wearing a white t-shirt and pajama pants and sitting on the bed beside me. I let him take the computer out of my hands and he starts reading the comments.

“They’re going to get their wish” I choke out, tears running down my cheeks. “All of them, they want me to die, they are going to get it.” Niall shuts the computer angrily and drops it on the floor.

“They don’t know what they are talking about” he says pulling me onto his lap. I bury my face into his shirt, tears spilling out my eyes and his arms wrap around me. “They don’t know what they are talking about” he repeats soothingly, petting my hair. Eventually the tears stop, replaced with an occasional hiccup.

“Thanks” I say softly, sitting up and wiping the tears from my eyes. “I got your shirt wet,” I say with a weak laugh.

“It’ll dry,” he says with a half smile. I rest my head back on his chest and feel his lips press against my head.

“I’m sorry, for today” I say “You had planned a wonderful day and I ruined it.” He shakes his head. “As long as I was with you the day was perfect. No matter what happens.”

We stay there for a few minutes in silence. “I got you something,” Niall says suddenly. I lift my head up and looked at him confused.

“What?”

“I got you something at the fair, hang on, just wait here” he says sliding out of the bed and heading back to his room. He comes back a minute later with his hand behind his back. “Close your eyes” he orders. I shut my eyes and I feel something cold lay against my chest. He moves my hair to the side and fiddles around with something at the back of my neck. “Ok, open your eyes” he says, a hint of nervousness in his voice. I open my eyes and look down and see a four-leaf clover pendant hanging from a chain around my neck. It was incredible, the leaves were in the shape of hearts and they were all different. One was silver, one had small green gems, and two others were larger green.

“I love it,” I whisper.

“I was going to give it to you earlier but…” he says trailing off not wanting to bring up my whole running off thing.

“Thank you” I say wrapping my arms around him hugging him.

“This way you’ll always have a little bit of luck with you” he says. I smile letting it drop back against my neck.

“I already was lucky, I got you,” I say with a smile kissing him softly. I can feel him smile into the kiss as he kisses me back, a hand resting on the back of my neck holding me to him. He pulls back and our eyes lock. I feel something shift and then he’s kissing me again only deeper. My hand slides to his cheek and I lay back on the bed pulling him down with me so he was propped up over me. His hand slides under my shirt and I feel myself shiver as his fingers lightly touch my side. My hands slide under his shirt lifting it up and we break apart only long enough to slide the shirt over his head. He tosses it to the side before his lips find mine again. My hands slide down his chest, feeling the muscles rippling under my touch. His lips move from mine as they move down my neck sucking lightly right below my jaw line I groan softly and grab the hem of my shirt lifting it over my head, Niall’s lips leaving me momentarily.  He pauses for a second, looking at me. I start feeling self-conscious and move to cover myself when his lips slam back against mine, his hands running up my stomach. I slide my hands to the elastic on his pajama pants, teasing him, playing with the very edge of the elastic until he groans.

“Please” he groans softly against my lips. I feel a shiver go through my body, as I know where this is going. I feel my body arch closer to be closer to him. My body feels like its on fire and I press myself up against him

“Niall, I need you now” I pant between kisses.

“Are you sure?” he asks pulling back to see my reaction. I nod, biting my lip, letting out a small gasp as we became one.

Afterwards, Niall had fallen asleep in my bed, his arm strewn over me. I lightly prop myself up on one elbow, looking at him. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. A slight smile tugged on the edge of his lips as if he was having a good dream. I smile, playing lightly with one of his blond locks of hair, careful not to wake him. “I love you to Niall Horan” I whisper settling back against his chest drifting off to sleep.