Chapter 2

Aiden^^
Samuel's POV

I managed to catch him just as he fell forward. He was bleeding from wounds and cuts all over his body and I eyed his limp leg that dragged behind him.

I pulled him inside and kicked the door closed behind me. I dragged him to the nearest couch in the lounge and pushed him into a sitting position. I pulled his bag off and his shoes.

I laid him to rest on his back. By the time I was done I was heaving and short of breath. My mate weighs a ton. I'm so tiny and he's built like a wall so there was no way I would be able to carry him easily. How he managed to sleep through all that I wonder.

I made my way to the kitchen to fill a warm bowl of water and made my way to my bedroom to fetch bandages, a pair of scissors, cotton wool, a needle and thread used for stitches and antiseptics.

He was a werewolf so I'm not so worried about the bullet wounds. That will heal over time and hopefully he'll stay here with me. I sensed his reluctance to enter my home and the minute he found out we were mates he turned to leave. And knowing he, my mate someone who was suppose to love me and accept me doesn't want me hurt like no other. And I've been through a lot.

I made my way to the small lounge again and laid everything I needed next to me.

I started by cutting his uniform in half so the material doesn't get stuck in some of his wounds and tear his wounds and get more bacteria inside.

I pulled on some gloves and started cleaning all the small cuts and bruises with water and some cotton wool. I left his wounded leg for last.

I left him in his underwear because I don't think I'm ready to see him in all his glory. From what I can see he's got a good size on him. He has such powerful thighs I can't help but picture me straddling them while I rode him like a champion jockey. I blushed at my dirty thoughts. But he was so freaking hot. He had a stunning pair of dark blue eyes and dark coloured hair. He was packed with muscles and as tall as a tree
He dwarfed my small frame and I loved it.

After cleaning his wounds I moved to his leg. The 2 bullets went right through his leg leaving 2 open wounds. I cleaned the area around the bullet wounds and stitched him up to the best of my ability.

I left him to sleep, he looked like he was dead to the world. Poor thing must be so tired.

I filled a new clean bowl of water and I went to fetch a towel to clean his dirty body. I cleaned him up and applied the antiseptics to all his wounds. I bandaged his waist and his leg and I laid it over the edge so he wouldn't put pressure on it. This was the best I can do for now.

I went to fetch a pillow and a few extra blankets from the closet and covered his body with them. I'm not sure if he'll catch a fever from being shot and wandering in the snow for God knows how long.

I watched his peaceful handsome face before I went into the kitchen to make some soup for him. When he wakes up he's going to be hungry and I'm going to be prepared to help him in any way I can. Even if he doesn't want me. But I hope I can change his mind.

A couple of hours later he was still asleep and I was starting to worry. I constantly kept an eye on him to make sure he didn't develop a fever or worse. My wolf was constantly pacing with worry for the health of our mate.

He agreed with me and said my mate was hiding a past. No-one can possibly walk away from your mate from the first moment you see them. And the scars on his body proved he has been through a lot.

"Where is my thing's?", A gruff voice asked from behind me and I spun around to see my mate leaning his shoulder on the door frame to keep the weight off his wounded leg. He had one hand holding the bandages I tied around his waist.

"You shouldn't have gotten off the couch. Your leg won't heal that way.", I scolded him gently.

He looked at me shocked that I scolded him. I giggled at his expression and he smiled at me with adoration in his eyes. I felt hope bloom in my chest. Maybe he'll stay with me.

He seemed to realise he was smiling at me and he shook his head and a frown covered his face. I felt my hope take a nose dive to the ground.

He let me guide him back to the couch and when I was going to get him to sit he shook out of his daze and stepped away from me.

"Where are my things? I need to go!", he said looking around frantically.

"You can't possibly go out! It's snowing and the news said a blizzard is expected in a few hours.", I said trying in vain to make him stay. He couldn't leave me like everyone else.

"It would be much better than staying here", He mumbled under his breath but I heard him and I felt like crying. He didn't want me. My own mate doesn't want me. Why do I even bother?

"I-I need t-to go check something. Excuse me", I said stuttering over my words. I couldn't stay there for one more moment.

I raced to my bedroom and the tears just came. I never cried when they threw me out for being gay. I never cried when my family just looked at me with disgust. I never cried when the men I hitchhiked with tried to rape me.

I always had the hope that my mate would love me unconditionally. He wouldn't judge me for my faults but instead be my rock. And now? He can't stand to be in the same room with me.

And I felt the hope and life in me die out. I wiped the tears off with a blank look on my face. I looked in the mirror and the boy that looked back at me wasn't me. He was someone who finally gave up. His hollow eyes showed his pain and the sorrow he has been through and in that moment I knew him better than I knew anyone else.