Chapter 3

Samuel's home in the forest^^

Aiden's POV

You idiot! How could you say that to him?  Are you so heartless? That's our mate for goodness sake! Go in there and comfort him or so help me... Gun growled out from inside of me. He didn't get to finish what he was ranting about when my mate walked into the room. He had a blank look on his face but his eyes, God his eyes showed so much pain.

And I immediately felt guilty. I did this to him.

See what you did you fucker! He looks like a corpse. Fix this mess or I'll kill you from the inside out.
I don't care that we have a past this is our mate he will accept us with all our faults. He's made for us. We can't keep running ftom something we had no control over. The Moon Goddess has destined that that should happen. And if it didn't we wouldn't have met Patrick, your best friend. We wouldn't have met our mate think about how far we've come. Yes we've been hurt but we overcame that. You signed up for the marines, tried to save not only your pack but saved everyone in this country. Human or otherwise. Gun said as he tried to sooth me after basically threatening to kill me from the inside out.

'But I couldn't save them Gun,I failed' I told him hopelessly. I hated myself for being such a failure. The people that I was suppose to protect I couldn't and I live with that regret everyday.

Things that happen in the past should not determine how we live our life. Yes they make us stronger and we learn from them. We loose people but we gain others. Don't loose the one person that will  never leave you. Someone who you can start anew with. It only happens once. Gun advised me as we watched our mate go about pouring soup in bowls and making himself busy with being a good host amd caretaker. He had a blank emotionless look on his face but sadness clouded him and I noticed his eyes blazing with pain.

I walked towards the table and sat down. He stiffened but said nothing.

I sighed and decided to just bite the bullet.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said and acted the way I did. I can't say I've wanted to meet my mate because honestly I didn't want to. I didn't want to loose someone else that came too close", I admitted. That's the only reason I've never wanted to meet him. I was terrified I would loose him too and that I wouldn't be able to save him.

He turned around and came to sit in front of me on the opposite side of the table and said nothing and for that I was grateful. I needed to gather a hold of my thoughts and what I wanted to say.

"I lost my parents 5 years ago. When I was just at the ripe age of 18. I was ecstatic that I was going to be the Alpha of my pack. My father always told me that protecting your pack and your mate was the greatest honor an Alpha could possibly have. And I couldn't wait to get that title. I had plans for us. For the pack. I couldn't wait to meet my mate because I saw the love my parents had for each other and I wanted that. I wanted the love filled looks we shared, the inside jokes, the precious moments and the love. I couldn't wait to have children, they would resemble the love of my life. I dreamed of you what you would look like.", I sighed heavily. I could feel the tears coming. I missed them so much.

"But I never became Alpha. Tragic struck before I could. We were getting threats from an enemy my father made. He wanted refuge in our pack because he was causing havoc in other packs and my father learned of this and refused to accept him. He became angry and swore to get his revenge. He started sending death threats and we thought nothing of it. We instead sent out trackers to find him and bring him in. Then two small children were taken. They we raped, beaten and sent back. It was devastating, they were no older than 5.

We were livid. No-one does this to our pack. Patrol was increased and nobody was to leave the pack grounds until he was found. Less than 2 days later we were attacked. Marko, the enemy and the one causing all the problems sought help from the Black Crow pack. They had a reputation for being merciless. Marco spewed some bullshit to them and they've been wanting to fight us forever and they got their chance. They attacked us when we were unprepared.

The Warrior wolves tried to get everyone to safety but it was useless. We were unprepared and the pups were playing in the yard. They killed everyone. My entire pack. My parents, my brothers and my pack. Everyone lay dead on the ground. The only reason they let me live was to suffer. They tied me up and made me watch as they killed everyone. They let me live to make my fathers refusal weigh on my shoulders. I fell into depression. I had no-one.

I vowed never to find my mate. I couldn't handle the pain if I lost him. What if that bastard decides to come back? If I met my mate he'll surely kill him. So I signed up for the marines and never looked back until now. I didn't want to meet you but now that I have I'm glad I did", I say as I reach other the table and grab a hold of his hand. He raised his other hand and wiped away the tears I didn't even know were there.

"You told me your story and it's only fair I tell you mine. You probably wondering what am I doing out here in the middle of nowhere. And please don't hate me for telling you this", He said as he took a deep breath. I watched as he grew stiff and tense.

"I was a part of the Black Crow pack", He mumbled out but I heard him. I dropped his hand as I grew pale. Oh no, I ran into the very thing I was running from.

"Before you judge me wait! I wasn't exactly accepted there because I was gay. I was also made fun of for having a very feminine body shape,they found it disgusting. They banished me about 4 years ago and I swear I was never part of the attack on your pack. I am truly sorry you had to go through that but I admire your strength to not give up. I was never really part of the pack and they never included me.I didn't really mind. When the Alpha banished me my parents refused to raise an abomination so I left quietly. I had money I saved up so I traveled. I wasn't too eager to settle down so I toured everywhere. But when I came to this town I felt drawn here so I followed my gut and bought a house and settled down. It's just been me here until you came.", He said honestly as he watched me to gauge my reaction.

"I guess we both were done bad huh", I say chuckling trying to hide the pain I felt about loosing my family. I haven't spoken about it to anyone.

I looked down at my hands and tried to stop the tears from falling even more. I missed them so much.

I felt a soft hand on my cheek and I looked up at my beautiful mate. He just turned me around and climbed on my lap and held me. I wrapped my arms around him and breathed his scent in deeply. He felt like coming home.

"Things happen for a reason. It is destined by the Moon Goddess and sometimes we don't understand why it happens the way it does and we hate her in that moment but maybe something worse could've happened and by them all passing on it saved them. You will never know. Just keep your head up and stay strong. You not alone. I will always be here with you. Always", he said as he held my face between his hands and looked at my with those stunning pair of eyes. God, he was breathtaking.

"One more thing what is your name?" I asked him chuckling. I just told him my life story but I didn't even know his name.

"Samuel. And yours?", he asked shyly.

"Beautiful name to match a stunning face. I'm Aiden", I told him and watched as a beautiful blush blossomed on his face.

"We should eat that soup you were making", I suggested after a few moments of just holding each other. It felt like bliss.

He nodded his head and climbed off my lap and made the soup hot again.

I could get used to this. My wolf was right no-one can walk away from meeting their mate and I'm glad I opened my eyes. I would've lost this beauty and my other half. And that would be tragic.