Choice 2: Don't say anything.

I took off to the city landfill; the route was so long and I couldn't even remember the way; I set my GPS and knew where I was at; I felt lightheaded, anxious; I arrived when it was getting dark, which is at six in winter. I walked to a certain area and threw the bag far away from me. Then I immediately saw a pack of dogs tearing open the bag; surely they would eat everything up.

I headed to the apartment after throwing away his remains. I was hoping Cynthia wasn't there; I wanted to take a shower, check my email to see if Lian was connected and try to forget everything. After I arrived at my apartment, I went straight to the bar; I drank a bottle of whiskey and didn't even look for a glass, I sipped on the bottle. I saw myself in the mirror; I looked wasted. It was quiet in the apartment; surely my roommate wasn't there. I grabbed a shower. I threw the clothes in the washer right away to completely get rid of the smell and traces from that weekend. I dried my hair and went to my room with the notebook; I wasn't hungry, only scared. I looked to see if Lian was on chat; I turned on the webcam and we actually just talked for a little bit because I couldn't hide anything from him; he knew me too well.

His blue eyes calmed me down; he had a soft voice. He was Spanish but his accent was so soft that you couldn't even notice it. After asking about his day, classes and work I was quiet. His questions worried me.

"Charlotte, what happened? You look distracted, distant and even spooked."

I swallowed and smiled before responding.

"Nothing's the matter sweetheart. I'm just tired, last night I had nightmares."

"Why didn't you get online yesterday? I was waiting for you."

"I'm sorry, I went to a study session. Five of us got together to study for a test tomorrow. So now I'm going to bed. I'm going to get up at five to review a little more for the test, ok."

"Ok precious. Go rest and try not to have any more nightmares. You know that I'm your shining knight, who always rescues you from everything."

I winked at him and smiled.

"Yes, my knight, my prince and my hero."

I blew him a kiss and he blew me one back on the screen. Later I got off and turned on the television; the news was on, I started dozing off but then a piercing voice woke me up. A distressed woman was sobbing, "...I found him like this. What will I do without my boyfriend?" The journalists narrowed in on the site and it was exactly where I had been in the afternoon. The headline on the newspaper was Brutal Homicide: Man Stabbed and Mutilated.

I sat up on my bed and began to breathe heavily. They already found the man; the investigations had begun, surely they would follow up on what happened: whom he talked to, whom he met with and whom he was with. The investigators would go to the pub and probably many people saw me with him there...and if he was a loyal customer...and if they introduce me to Freddy...I didn't remember anything. I squeezed my head and it was spinning, it seemed as if the pressure was crushing my skull as I was visualizing things: the man offering me his hand; inviting me to leave the bar with him; Freddy wasn't at the bar, no one saw him, it was just us two; my friend Cinthya waving goodbye from far away; I was walking outside smiling at her...

"Let's go to my house, precious, it's close by, we'll take my car and then come back to get yours," he said.

I got in and smiled at him.

"So tell me, do you always come to this pub?"­ I asked.

"No, first time, actually I came by myself. I just ran into those guys that were beside me."