|•| PROLOGUE |•|

A golden-brown tabby tom sat in the camp clearing, his heart racing. He was waiting for his mate to return. He watched with pricked ears the entrance to camp, his paws moving nervously up and down on the stone, the soft scuffling a comfort to the old tom, preparing to say something that could change his life.

He seemed unusually calm, his blue eyes relaxed, his tail curled around his front paws.

It was unusual for the ThunderClan warrior to seem so calm, as the majority of the time, he was bustling around, always wanting to blame another Clan for something that happened to his Clanmate.

Despite his easily agitated personality, the golden-brown tabby was undyingly loyal to his Clan. He was blind the the fact that his Clanmates could do wrong, and simply believed that ThunderClan was the best Clan.

After all, if they weren't the best Clan, why would that patrol have rescued him as a kit? If they didn't care about their kits, they would have left him and his siblings to die in the ShadowClan camp.

Finally, he found what he was looking for. The tortoiseshell she-cat padded through the camp entrance, a squirrel hanging limply from her mouth. Her yellow eyes brightened at the sight of her mate.

She ran over to the fresh-kill pile, muttering something to their son, Stempaw, the ginger and white tom nodding tersely. She padded over, her bright eyes reflecting the faint light of dusk that flowed through the stone hollow.

"Hey, Thornclaw," she purred happily, nuzzling her mate. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, Blossomfall." Thornclaw responded, sighing slightly. "You?"

"Actually, amazing!" She purred. "I just found out, Bumblestripe's kits finally came!"

"Yeah... I heard. They came just after you left. Luckily Leafpool was able to get Hushedfern through the kitting without much pain."

"Yeah. Bumblestripe looks really happy!" She purred, indicating toward her brother with her tail. "Do you know their names? I just want to go and see them!"

"Let's go, then." The golden-brown tabby replied, "I haven't seen them either."

The two padded over to the gray tabby, who was sniffing through the fresh-kill pile. He grabbed out a squirrel, his eyes bright. "Hey," he mewed, his voice slightly muffled, "do you guys want to meet the kits?"

Before Thornclaw could respond, Blossomfall nodded eagerly, accidentally slapping her mate in the face with her tail. She padded after her brother, who had began to pad away.

Thornclaw followed the two reluctantly, catching a sympathetic gaze from Spiderleg, who sat outside the warrior's den, cleaning his tail. The golden-brown tabby tom's heartbeat quickened at the sight of the warrior's amber eyes, his black pelt turning a bit russet in the sunlight.

Thornclaw nodded, following his mate and her brother to the nursery, squeezing through the entrance. "Hey, Hushedfern," he heard the gentle purr of Bumblestripe, as the gray tom nuzzled the new mother. "How are Puddlekit and Branchkit?"

"Wonderful, actually," the former loner replied, gazing at the two she-kits happily. "They're just waiting for their father to return."

Bumblestripe smiled, looking at his sister. "Blossomfall came to see the kits!" He purred, touching his tail tip to the tortoiseshell she-cat's shoulder. "She just couldn't wait!"

Blossomfall smiled back, touching noses with her brother's mate. She glanced down at the kits, curling her tortoiseshell tail around her paws. "They really are beautiful. I wish I had kits still. Being a queen is so nice."

Spider Websजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें