|•| CHAPTER TWO |•|

Thornclaw watched as Spiderleg turned his amber gaze away, looking more toward the entrance to camp, focusing on nothing in particular. He padded over, sitting next to the tom.

"Well, I'm back. Apparently my 'heart attack' wasn't that bad." He mewed, his tone light. But still the tom kept his head turned to the entrance. "What's wrong, Spiderleg?"

"W-what?" He replied, turning his gaze toward Thornclaw, his pelt feeling a but hot. "N-nothing's wrong! I'm fine, Thornclaw! Don't worry!"

The golden-brown tabby tom narrowed his eyes, licking his nose. He sighed, and sagged his shoulders a bit, staring at the black-and-brown tom, his icy eyes staring straight at him.

"Well, nothing to say, then? I guess I'll just say what I have to say." He mewed, scrunching his nose slightly in an effort to think of something to say. "I just wanted to say...um... Thanks. For the help with Blossomfall. I feel bad, but I think it was for the best."

"Oh! Yeah, of course, no problem!" Spiderleg chuckled nervously, standing up, accidentally brushing fur with his friend. "Oops! Sorry!"

The tabby ton felt his pelt heat up, his cheeks reddening slightly. He smiled, his eyes wide and nervous. He chuckled, coughing to interrupt the awkward silence.

"Well, thanks! I better get going! Is that Leafpool I hear calling me! See ya, Spiderleg!" Thornclaw responded, zipping away from the brown and black tom, his pelt practically burning with embarrassment.

The ThunderClan warrior padded over to the medicine den, almost shaking with excitement and nervousness. He stopped at the entrance, taking a deep breath, closing his blue eyes momentarily. He opened them again, digging his claws into the ground, shaking his head. He padded in, spotting Leafpool sitting with Alderheart, the two sorting herbs.

"H-hey..." He mewed, his breath slightly shaking from his short spring across the camp, his legs feeling a bit weak. "Could I return back to the warrior's den? Or do I have to stay in here...?"

"No, you can go back. Tell Briarlight she can continue to sleep in the medicine den now. I'm not going to lie, I think she missed hearing Alderheart and Jayfeather arguing." Leafpool chuckled, looking to the brown and gray tabbies. "Anyway, yes you can go."

The golden-brown tabby tom dipped his head, his eyes flashing with gratefulness as he turned into camp, suddenly finding it a bit more full, cats padding through the stone clearing, greeting each other silently. It wasn't that busy, but full enough that almost all the patrols had returned.

The ThunderClan warrior padded over to the fresh-kill pile, hoping to find the two sisters there, but to no avail. He sighed, glancing at the sun, finding it almost completely covered by the clouds. They most likely wouldn't have gone out, so maybe they were somewhere else in the clearing?

Thornclaw sighed, turning around, running straight into Bumblestripe, who had gone to get food for his mate. His pelt flushed with embarrassment, and he just turned, and continued walking his way, toward the corners of the camp, where the sisters might have been sharing tongues. He looked around, spotting the tortoiseshell-and-white pelt of Blossomfall contrasting with the brown one of Briarlight.

Great. He thought, cursing silently. Well, here goes nothing.

The tabby tom padded over to the two she-cats, his pelt fluffed and warm. Blossomfall gave him a glare, turning away. Briarlight, however, just gazed at him, no expression in her blue eyes. "Yes, Thornclaw?" She asked, blinking.

"Well, umm, Leafpool said you could return to the medicine den, if you want." He whispered, clearing his throat. "Also, Blossomfall?"

"Ooh! Thanks!" Briarlight squeaked, her nose twitching. "And Blossomfall told me she doesn't want to speak with you. Sorry, Thornclaw."