|•| CHAPTER THREE |•|

Sunlight filtered through the gaps in brambles, as a new dawn shone upon the ThunderClan hollow, the gentle chirping of birds audible in the stone hollow. A lone cat stood in the clearing, sadness clearly dragging at her exhausted gaze. She almost seemed hurt.

Her tortoiseshell and white pelt shone in the sunlight, a light breeze ruffled her short pelt, causing it to appear even rougher than before. Tear marks streaked her cheeks, her blue eyes watering. Her breathing was heavy, sniffles coming out of her light pink nose.

A cat interrupted the peaceful song of the birds, exiting the warrior's den, her ginger pelt bright in the sunlight. She stretched, greeting the other she-cat with a chirpy mew.

"Good morning, Blossomfall!" Squirrelflight purred, her ginger tail lashing through the air next to her Clan mate.

"Hey, Squirrelflight. Need anyone for the dawn patrol?" The warrior asked.

"Yeah, if you want. I'm leading. Taking Spiderleg and Leafshade. You can come." The ginger tabby mewed, drawing her white paw over her ear. "I know how uncomfortable you might be with Spiderleg, because I know him and Thornclaw have been hanging out a lot, but just, don't let it ruin the patrol."

Blossomfall pulled her head back, surprise and fury in her blue eyes. Why would Squirrelflight think she'd ruin the patrol?! She might have been dumped, but she wasn't stupid! "I'll be fine, thank you very much." She growled, lashing her tail. "Where are they? Are they going to come, or not?"

Almost exactly at that moment, Spiderleg and Thornclaw walked out of the den, followed closely by Leafshade, who looked downright exhausted. Blossomfall glared at Thornclaw, their blue gazes meeting. His filled with panic as he scampered off to a corner, beginning to clean his rustled fur.

"So, what are we waiting for?" Leafshade asked, her tail curled happily. "We're all here! I shouldn't expect us to need to wait!"

"Will you be joining us, Blossomfall?" Spiderleg asked, his voice politely cold. "I don't know that you should."

"I'm fine, Spiderleg." She snapped, licking her lips. "Let's go, Squirrelflight. Where are we going?"

"I was planning on going to the ShadowClan border, but I think you need a dip in the lake with that attitude, Blossomfall. Maybe you should sit this one out..." The deputy responded. "I mean, you seem kind of tired and snappy."

"I'm fine." She growled, taking a deep breath. "I'll be okay."

The ginger she shrugged, leading the patrol out of the ThunderClan camp, her tail tip twitching. She continued to walk, her pelt prickling anxiously. Obviously something was on her mind. Leafshade bounced around happily, her dark, tortoiseshell pelt practically blending around with the bark-filled background. She was completely oblivious to the cold manners between the two cats.

"Here we are!" Squirrelflight mewed, her green gaze flicking with worry. "Let's mark the border!"

"Okay, Squirrelflight!" Leafshade laughed, beginning to mark the border, her lean figure moving in between the trees. "Is this good?"

"Keep going. We've got the whole border to mark." Blossomfall retorted sarcastically, snorting. "Trust me."

"I know that, Blossomfall! I'm asking- You know what, never mind." The young warrior rolled her eyes, continuing to mark the border. "Maybe you three could do some work?"

"Temper, temper." Spiderleg teased, going to the tree. "Let's get marking!"

--