001

"fine then, min yoongi. it's over."

"hah. good. it's not like you loved me in the first place."

"shut up. you know that i loved you, but you were too caught up in your stupid little career to pay attention."

one year.

it had been one year since their divorce.

did yoongi regret it? no. she deserved it. she deserved not having him and finding someone else.

there was still something that utterly changed his life though.

"park jimin?"

a hand on his shoulder. he turned around, surprised to see namjoon.

"good luck on your marriage, yoongs. we know you'll be taking a break from the group, but we also know that you need time with your wife." namjoon smiled widely, his dimples making themselves prominent.

yoongi nodded before changing the subject. "hey. was it just me or is jimin sitting back—" as yoongi pointed toward the empty chair, namjoon sighed.

"i know. we all miss him and it's good to feel like he's still here with us. trust me, yoongi. he'd be proud of you." namjoon stated before leaving yoongi and walking toward the bar.

could he really? he couldn't have been sitting there, had he?

"yoongi!" a voice called before someone jumped on his back. "you're going to break my spine if you do that." yoongi chuckled lightly. "was that meant to be a pun to our song or—?" the younger laughed.

jeongguk was back to being himself. he did have a few breakdowns whenever he'd remember jimin's death, but for the most part he was fine.

he and jimin did have many memories together, including taehyung as well.

"how've you been holding up?" hoseok asked, taking a sip of his white wine. "i've been good. i still feel horrible about the event, but hey. he would've wanted us happy." yoongi let out. hoseok let out a light chuckle. "that's the spirit."

jeongguk stretched his arms a bit. "well, i'm off. the agency wanted me to get a good night's rest before tomorrow and it's already getting late." the younger explained. "ah, right. you go then. i'm not holding you back." yoongi stated as jeongguk left from the conversation and he turned to hoseok. "well, how about you? you doing good?" yoongi asked hoseok. "i've been okay. i still a bit shaken up after jimin's death as well, but hey. he's in a better place." hoseok let out, leaving to see seokjin.

he's in a better place.

hah. if only that were true. jimin didn't derserve to die nor did he have to. but, if yoongi was honest with himself, he wouldn't deny that it was him who caused jimin to kill himself.

"hello. my name is park jimin. please take care of me." the short boy smiled. his cheeks round and squishy.

"jimin will be another member of bangtan sonyeondan. his promotions and teaser photos haven't been released yet, so when taking photos with him, please don't share them publicly." the manager explained.

the group of boys nodded. seokjin was the first to talk to the new member.

"so, where are you from?" seokjin asked. "busan." jimin smiled softly, taking a seat beside hoseok on the couch. "nice, nice. jeongguk, aren't you from busan as well?" namjoon asked, turning toward said boy.

the boy nodded. "yeah." jeongguk smiled at the new member. "it's nice to have someone in the group from the same city."

yoongi just glanced at the new boy. he had short, dark brown hair. he was also wearing glasses. his stature was small and short. shorter than yoongi.

"so, have you enjoyed seoul so far?" yoongi asked, deciding to speak up. jimin got startled. "ah, yes. for the most part." the boy replied. "there's going to be a festival near the company building a few days after our planned debut. the others are joining, would you like to?" yoongi suggested.

jimin smiled softly before nodding.

"sure. i don't see why not?"

yoongi wrote down onto the spiral notebook, closing it.

he reread the last sentence he wrote in it.

the notebook was originally going to be used as a place to keep song lyrics, but was now a recollection of yoongi's memories with jimin.

the sentence read;

"this was the day i met you. i would've never thought that i'd regret asking you that last question later."

+

well, i've been planning thissequel since the day i finishedwriting "dear" and here it is

sequel since the day i finished
writing "dear" and here it is.
– g.