eight

j a e d e n 's p o v

we were in a small group of friends, talking amongst ourselves when sage texted me.

sage:
I'm outside the door

jaeden:
come in! haha

sage:
I can't

jaeden:
y not?

sage:
bc I'm too scared to open the door..

jaeden:
I swear ur a baby about everything

sage:
AM NOT!

jaeden:
haha w.e. just please come in, everyone's waiting for u

sage:
alright, fine.

sage:
here I come...

s a g e ' s p o v

I placed my hand on the doorknob and cautiously turned it. moments later, I was exposed to a house full of random people that I didnt know. with the exceptional few that I did. i thought nobody would notice nor remember me. but, just when I shut the door, I heard the most adorable screech.

❝oh my god, its my mommy!❞ they yelled. I scrunched my eyebrows, knowing the voice was familiar but, i just couldnt put my finger on it. then, soon enough, her comes a smol jack running into me, then crushing me in a hug. he tightened his grip around my waist as he head laid on my chest, then causing me to wrap my arms around his fluffy head, accidentally inhaling some of his hair product.

mango?

after that, he parted from me but only to grab me by my hand and pull me through the wave of people, no questions asked. moments later, I was met with a group of everyone in the kitchen; sophia, Wyatt, jaeden, and fillie. everyone's eyes widened at the sight of me. then, sophia instantly jumped on me, embracing me in another tight hug.

❝look! sage flew out here just for my birthday!❞ jack squealed, jumping up and down happily. I wrapped my arms around her waist and smiled into her shoulder. ❝i missed you so much, babe.❞ she said, into my shoulder. ❝I definitely missed you more.❞ I said, causing us both to laugh. then, after giving everyone a hug or "hello", especially jaeden, I stood next to him and just glanced at millie and finn.

finn cleared his throat as he took a dip from his red solo cup, trying to avoid eye contact. ❝sage.❞ he said, nodding his head at me. ❝finn.❞ I said, mimicking his actions. just then, millie scoffed and inter whines her and Finn's hands, exchanging smiled with finn. the sight of the two of them together made me sick to my stomach. but, I didnt show it.

so, for the next 20 or so minutes, I just talked and danced with everyone, purposely trying to get finn's attention. I did. but, whilst i danced freely with jaeden, i somehow found myself looking over at finn. and Millie noticed not too later after. then, she shot me a devilish smirk before grabbing Finn's face and french kissed him, knowing I was looking.

the sickness was coming back up and I felt like I was actually going to throw up, so I stopped dancing and whispered in jaeden's ear. ❝I'm going to get some air.❞ I informed him, before he nodded his head and smiled at me. ❝dont go running away on me, cheesball.❞ he told me, causing me to smile back at him. then, I traveled through the crowded room and went out onto the deck, looking off the railing as I let out a deep breath.

not too late after, I heard the screen door open again, indicating that someone is coming out. ❝hey...❞ I heard finn's voice from behind me. I pulled some hair behind my ear and looked over my shoulder. ❝hey.❞ I replied, not giving him eye contact. soon enough, he ended up besides me, looking over the railing as well. ❝so, are you and jaeden like together now or what?❞ finn asked, trying not to sound annoyed or disgusted.

❝maybe. are you and Millie together?❞ i asked, already knowing the answer. ❝maybe.❞ he said. i nodded my head then looked down at my fingers. ❝i know i shouldnt be bothered by you being with him, but i am. i dont like him being around you.❞ finn confessed, out of no where. ❝well, i do. he makes me happy.❞ I told him. ❝I made you happy.❞ he uttered.

❝ha, yeah. nothing made me happier then having my ex break up with me over the phone, say I mean nothing them and that they hate me, just a them to turn around and snatch up little miss perfect and sail the s.s. fillie.❞ I sarcastically replied, making a hashtag sign with my fingers. finn knitted his eyebrows at me. ❝oh please, dont try to dump this on me, it doesnt look like you were effected.❞ he said, gesturing towards the house, specifically jaeden.

❝wasnt effected? i couldnt leave my room for days because everything reminded me of you.❞ I stated. ❝you think I wanted this to happen? I was forced to break up with you. everything I said was scripted by my shitty parents. you know how hard it was to tell the love of my life that she's nothing, I hate her, then break up with her? spoiler alert! boys cry too.❞ finn explained causing me to shake my head lightly.

❝w-well I guess none of that matters now...❞ I announced, referring to millie and jaeden. ❝i guess not...❞ finn uttered. seconds later, I found myself looking up at him slowly, finn doing the same. then, before I knew it, ❝fuck it.❞ was the last thing I heard leave finns mouth before he grabbed the back of my neck and smashed our lips together. I began to push him off me, but, he hooked his finger in one of my belt holes, pulling me up against his chest.

usually, I would continue to fight him off but, I just couldnt. it was impossible for me to refrain myself from continuing the kiss. his lips were so soft and the hands gave me security and comfort. so, I stop fighting and gripped the bottom of his shirt as an excuse to touch him. the kiss lasted for no longer than 10 seconds, because of me.

after coming to realization with myself, I pulled away and shook m head lightly. ❝no, we cant do this. you have a girlfriend.❞ I reminded him.
❝i want Millie but, I need you.❞ he said.